Unusual Ford 8210

robbo

Came across this one whilst out and about today being used by a drainage contractor, he told me that they actually have 2 of these  :o :o

P7220012.jpg

P7220013.jpg

The trailer part has a chute for delivering the gravel into the drainage channel

P7220024.jpg

P7220015.jpg

The rear wheel are also driven via the propshaft and the whole thing hinges in the middle to steer

P7220014.jpg

P7220017.jpg

View from inside the cab

P7220021.jpg

Now (apart from the reflection of me in the glass) am I right in thinking this has only 963 hours on the clock

P7220022.jpg

If that is the case it is not too bad for a 1984 tractor. 8) 8) 8) 8)

He did also say that it was for sale if I wanted to buy it  :o :o :o :o Can you imagine me going home and saying to Mrs R "Hello dear, I have bought a little something for you today"  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Could be 10,963 either but the condition suggests otherwise - if it could be bought right it would be ideal if it was converted back to standard!

It was certainly in good condition, the only damage apparent was on the offside of the bonnet

P7220018.jpg

So who is going to be the first to do a convo?  ::) ::)::) ::)::) ::)::)

Should have known I would have to get up early in the morning to catch you out Paul  :D :D :D :D I will have to try harder to find a model you haven't ever done  >:( >:( :( :(

judging by the wheels id say shes had the tyres swaped if she only 936 hrs or shes high houred and on her second set we have the original firestone tyres on our 3085 and they look something simlar with over 7000 hrs on them that what im judging by :-\

When i worked for a drainage contractor in the mid 80s the stonecart tractors Muir Hills and Roadless were given alot of stick and looked alot worse after just a few years.

As for the hours they maybe genuine doing drainage work perhaps just a few weeks a year, and only a few hours a day, plus older tractors only started clocking hours at certain engine revs not when the key is turned.

Would be a good tractor to put back to its original form

Did it start life as a 2wd version  ???

Thats right, it was proportional to engine speed - an hour on the clock was only an hour at a certain engine rpm (can't remember whether it was at rated engine speed, or at something like ipto revs). At lower revs, a clock hour would be longer than 60 minutes and at higher revs, it would be less than 60 minutes.

I would think that the tractor was probably new when the conversion was done.  I expect it would have started life as a 2wd (I would be surprised if they used a 4wd).

The 7610 on halftracks was a test machine built by Silsoe Research in the early 90's, long before the current half track conversions were thought up. 

I used to drive a Chafer Tramliner SP similar to the one in your second post. It was a bit older though; it was mated to a 7600 power plus (which was a late model 7600 with some of the features of the 7610, the main one being the 10 series engine.  A wide boom combined with artic steer was a bit exciting at headlands!! ;D

abbot? drainage run some gravel carts like that, some are based on the later 40 series (7740/8240 etc) they worked on a golf coarse near me a while back then on a gas pipe line job.

buying an old gravel cart or sprayer rig could be a good cheap tractor as no one would think of buying one as it is but convert back with a front axle and ya away ;D

Are you sure the rearaxle is driven, I can't remember this type of tractor has ground speed PTO which is neccesary for this kind of driveline.

Might it be possible tehy used a 4wd model and they took drive for the rearaxle from this point.

Are you sure the rearaxle is driven, I can't remember this type of tractor has ground speed PTO which is neccesary for this kind of driveline.

Might it be possible tehy used a 4wd model and they took drive for the rearaxle from this point.

Can't see how it is possible they could take the drive backwards to the rear axle on a Ford

• 1 month later...