Robbo's Photos

robbo

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lot of them are fitted with whinches james, thats whats on that one, they bought them for work like pylon re rigging etc, so use them to haul stuff up on pulleys etc to guys on top, ,wouldn't pull the actuall wires between them,they use a huge footed/mobile whinch trailer, last one i saw was bought in as a artic trailer, its that big, but then it was pulling 5 or 6 spans in one go

ah thanks for the pics mike , some nice finds there  the SAME leopard remind me of a friend who used to drive one 30 miles every friday into town to go clubbing  ;D  cant see anyone getting away with that now ,

cant recall where  :(  but have used a similar cultivator with the heavy dutiy spring tines on & it was an mf

the ford looks well kept although see the door isn't quite a snug fit as it used to be , they always seemed to come adrift at the bottoms  :-\

& the deutz 6.10 is a corker , i dare say a farm in a coastal location has done her no favours either that or she's been hiding under dung or feretilizer for a fair few years

great pictures  :)

as for the dextas  :of  look at the stearing arm on the first one  ;D  and the second one is a very nice find, wait till jsedelweisss sees it. he is big on 4wd dextas

I sore it the other week. I'm trying to find time to go look at it. Very smart but unfortunately its got a Selene axle on it, still converted by roadless but not a roadless axle, so not a desirable as the original roadless axled one. Still worth it though as there about 1/2 the price of the roadless axled one's

Went out to a local farm today to get some manure for the garden and they had this old lady in the shed, I have never heard of a MF 355 before  :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ Not on the best of condition and has had a hard life by the look of it

21022010682.jpg

21022010681.jpg

Out and about again and I came across this New Holland

Tractors006-1.jpg

The story is that the council have just sold the local football field for housing and so they are intending to build a new field over the road. However, as far as I know the land has been wasteland for over 30 years and the only use it ever got was the local thieves on stolen motorbikes. It has been rough grass, nettles, brambles and Japanese Knotweed so they have really got their work cut out.

I spoke to the driver and he told me that it was sprayed off with Glyphosate about 3 weeks ago and they are now rotavating it to break up the turf. I did say that I didn't thinkl that the Glyphosate would work on brown dead grass and he agreed but apparently the council insisted on it.

Tractors002-2.jpg

Tractors003-2.jpg

Tractors004-1.jpg

Tractors005-1.jpg

Tractors008-2.jpg

The next job will be to level it with a dozer blade and then it will get about 30cms of topsoil as a rootzone. It will be a heck of a job as the whole site is full of bricks, old metal and all sorts of debris. I will try to keep a pictorial diary as the site progresses in case anyone else is interested.

Out and about again and I came across this New Holland

story is that the council have just sold the local football field for housing and so they are intending to build a new field over the road. However, as far as I know the land has been wasteland for over 30 years and the only use it ever got was the local thieves on stolen motorbikes. It has been rough grass, nettles, brambles and Japanese Knotweed so they have really got their work cut out.

I spoke to the driver and he told me that it was sprayed off with Glyphosate about 3 weeks ago and they are now rotavating it to break up the turf. I did say that I didn't thinkl that the Glyphosate would work on brown dead grass and he agreed but apparently the council insisted on it.

yep the glysophate is usless on that kind of stuff we use it in Canada on bright green living weeds and if you give a good dose it looks like the weeds have been in a nuclear blast in a week or so ;D . If the stuff is half dead it is a waste of time we pretty much stop using it after first frost. I am guessing the council insisted on it as it is probably one of the "safe" weed killers ;) and they dont want every body complaining that they contaminated the area and sueing them :)

You didn't get a close up of the Balfour decal to get one made for your 1/32 version then?  :laugh:

Always nice to see something you have in model form for the first time  :)

I wouldn't have a clue how to make a decal Tris but it's a nice thought though  :-\ :-\ :-\

I need  Cerin or Sean to look out for the Cormac yellow version now  ;D ;D ;D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

As mentioned in the "what really pleased you" topic here are the machines I came across today

Starting with the DB 995 that first caught my eye

05042010695.jpg

05042010696.jpg

05042010697.jpg

05042010698.jpg

The a short trip back to the yard and a Nuffy

05042010711.jpg

05042010712.jpg

Then into the shed

First up Massey Ferguson 35X

05042010713.jpg

Then, parked behind it a Lanz Bulldog. He showed me some before and after pictures of this renovation, it really was a rusting hulk when he got it and this is the result 2 years later

05042010714.jpg

05042010721.jpg

Standard Fordson, the bonnet is off being painted at the moment, behind it is a grey Fergie that came from a caravan park in Wales, it still has the original closed pattern tyres which look almost brand new

05042010715.jpg

One of two David Browns  05042010719.jpg

and the other which he told me was quite rare, sorry can't remember the model number though

05042010720.jpg

Oliver 60

05042010717.jpg

05042010718.jpg

Also used for display 2 furrow plough

05042010710.jpg

The finally, in the barn a reaper/binder. Apparently he also has a threshing machine at his other yard and he cuts a few acres each year with the reaper and then takes the thresher to a show and the old machines do their stuff for the crowds. He has promised that when he is about to cut this year he will give me a ring and I can go and photograph him in action

05042010706.jpg

Hell that is quite some collection, Mike..... So when will you commence yours?!!  ;):laugh:

Don't tempt me Tris, I get enough stick collecting 1:32 scale tractors so if I  ever started to collect real ones I would be in soooo much trouble.......plus I would have to move house as I just don't have the room.

Sharon has said that when I retire I can have one......just the one though..... :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\

well being a policeman that will be at 40 won't it mike, plenty of years left to have fun ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  some kit there i must say, such a shame to see the implements just rust away though, eveyone restors tractors, but very few do the bits for the back, which is almost as important as the tractor really

Don't tempt me Tris, I get enough stick collecting 1:32 scale tractors so if I  ever started to collect real ones I would be in soooo much trouble.......plus I would have to move house as I just don't have the room.

Sharon has said that when I retire I can have one......just the one though..... :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\

Oh well if you're only allowed the one just get something like an FW-60......should fill the drive nicely ;D ;D