1960 Fordson Dexta

05rich

well here is a restoration of a fordson dexta which my dad did some time ago. i think it was compleated in 2005, since then its been in storage for a while, so with a little persuasion i scraped some pictures together and started this topic  ;D sorry about the pictures , but i couldent get any unmaned  ;)

these where taken after it was first completed (excuse the bloke on it  :D )

dad_dexta2001.jpg

dad_dexta2004.jpg

these where taken last year when we whent to collect a roller ( and again excuse the bloke  :D )

roy1.jpg

roy2.jpg

• 6 months later...

That quite rare then :police: . Alot of them suffer with easy-start nower days. Mine don't wich is brilliant but i know loads that do. I must get a topic of mine up later on when its come out of the garage. At the moment it has nout to bolt the rear wheels on!!! Because i've got to replace the brakes, brake seals and the brake bearings. Just so it doesn't leak on the showroom floor. Then theres other odd jobs to sort out. But after that should be alright! ::)

It's looking good Rich. I bet you can't wait to be road legal with her.....are you going to sit your tractor test in her when you are sixteen ???

if rea valley offer to put me through my test ( which i have been told they have done in the past ) i may be using a john deere, otherwise i might use this tractor or my mate has a few "big" tractors he said i could practice and do my test in  :-\  so plenty of options  :)

what a beauty :of . My dad's first tractor was a Dexta like this one 8) .

Small question though. I saw that the tractor in the unrestored condition, had the headlights on the side, and in restored condition, those were placed in the grill.. Why? As there were versions that had the headlights on the side straight from the factory.