KVERNELAND AB &AD PLOUGHS

i bought a broken britains vari width plough and decided to make a conventional 3 & 4 furrow plough,the original plastic frame was not right and had to be scrapped and a new brass one constructed with headstock and parking jack and new land wheel made,i thought i may have been easier than it was but the reason i made a brass frame was so that if the 3 furrow be fited to my 590 4wd that i had enough clearance to display the model in the up position...the tiny brass brackets to hold the top link on the plough itself were tricky to solder as there so small,burnt fingers again

post-1779-132639153034_thumb.jpg

post-1779-13263915304_thumb.jpg

They are both lovely and it does pose the question as the why Britains never did one to get rid of that 'orrible set with the three furrow conventional and reversible in it. Nice work, how did you find the Britains die-cast metal to solder?

No Deerest i didnt solder the britains plough parts,i made all the brasswork 1st then positioned all the plough beams,then drilled holes through the metal just below the leaf springs and through the brass and then inserted pins through the frame after filling with araldite,im a great believer in strenghtening pins in all my models

havent tried them o a siku hitch yet,the fittings on plough are britains so should,but sometimes i find you need the tractor arms made of plastic so you can stretch them onto the implement then fit them in place when in position,the sikus are metal and would be a tight fit

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...