Britains Price Guide 2nd Edition - By Simon Empton

THEBRITFARMER

Not sure if this has been posted (it's been a while forgive me  :-[)

I recently have purchased this book and while it hardly has any pictures it does have lots of prices realized at recent auctions from some of the big names in the business. Worth £6.99 in my book.  ;D

http://www.toypriceguide.co.uk/britians/britains.htm

And reading it would seem that auction prices are far less than internet auction sites and toy fairs. A good reference to carry with you when going to toy fairs and shows so you can show to those dealers and sellers who you feel are asking too much. A good bargaining tool perhaps.

And reading it would seem that auction prices are far less than internet auction sites and toy fairs. A good reference to carry with you when going to toy fairs and shows so you can show to those dealers and sellers who you feel are asking too much. A good bargaining tool perhaps.

I would agree with you on all of those points.

• 11 months later...

An interetsing topic, I also bought this 'guide' and like ploughmaster said some prices are wildly over the top. However it is an interesting reference to carry around, checking model numbers, colour variations, 'rough' prices etc. 

Although in my few years of collecting i have learnt one basic fact!

People (including myself) will pay whatever price is on the box, IF it has a relevance to their collection, childhood, home farm etc etc.

After all this whole hobby is based on taking pleasure from buying models, displaying them and having something that you will take pride in for a long time!

Just got this email in

Britains Toy Price Guide - 2nd Edition

Dear Collector,

Just a quick note to let customers know our Britains Toy Price Guide - 2nd Edition is now available to purchase via our www.toypriceguide.co.uk website.

Packed with 164 pages and over 200 colour pictures the NEW 2nd edition with revised values and expanded sections including 100’s of newly discovered items previously not listed brought to our attention by collectors who purchased the 1st edition last year. The guide is produced in association with W. Britain Ltd. and covers diecast models, plastic & metal figures, together with a selected range of modern issue figures and remains the ONLY dedicated price guide for the Britains collector.

Price (incl p&p)    UK £9.99    Europe (Airmail) £10.99    World Wide (Airmail) £12.50

To order a copy visit our website today www.toypriceguide.co.uk

Simon Epton 

I recieved this guide from Simon for review in Model Farmer. I have had a good look at it and there seems to be a few typos but generally the values are not too bad. It could be much more in depth in terms of variations, but as a low cost reference, it does ok.