new lexion 630

flash 600

being a member of another forum their is great talk of claas launching a new lexion suppose to be a 630 or a 700 their is two new unbadged lexions on trail in europe their was pictures on the other forum but claas made them remove them .there is talk they will be at agritechna later this year  :o :o

All well and good but having owned a 600 this season they need to get that right as they sing all there praises but output isn't that amazing and sample is shocking.  We even had engineers from germany with ours and they couldn't get it any better think they should get there current flagship right first!!

Think you just had a bad one Phill, those that have them round here have no complaints with them

Might well have done but lost all faith in Claas thinking buying another 480 evo and sticking chip on it again that would average 75tph :D

All well and good but having owned a 600 this season they need to get that right as they sing all there praises but output isn't that amazing and sample is shocking.  We even had engineers from germany with ours and they couldn't get it any better think they should get there current flagship right first!!

Owned ???

I think your boss has just had what many people had; the first of a production. They are always the 'test bed' that others will wait and see the outcome of. A 4yr old 600 should be knackered anyway. The only people running them are the people with thousands of tonnes of material going through them. They are doing the work sometimes four combines would have done. Those combines would have had three or four times the working life through a few different owners too. Sadly, not these big combines of today.

Owned is wrong word there worked with is better there  :D

But very true fact there tris but when Claas UK rep turns round and says there will be no problems with this machine its had all the mods been looked after by us (claas) since day 1 and always been good as gold. But turns out to be a complete pile of scrap and that was before the fire does knock you a bit on piece of kit that cost my bosses well into 6 figures :'(  And now having more problems with claas themselves with them now wanting us to pay stupid amount money to get out finance and maintenance schemes we were/are in unless buy another claas  >:(

Claas and their dealers only like you if you get a new lexion every year and not people that have 'obselete' models like Dominators.

I think most of that depends on the dealership.

One often has older combines in for servicing and repair have also seen them in the field carrying out repairs.

The other one still goes out to renault tractors so if they only liked people who bought new would not go out to these people.

Some interesting points here.... not least the fact Claas are bringing out a bigger combine - although it's not really a surprise as the Lexion 600 has been around for 4-5 years and the only constant in life is change etc.  ::)

As for the 600 itself, the two people I spoke to in depth this year who run 600s were full of praise. One was a 4 year old 600TT with a v900 which in back to back tests on the farm beat the best offerings from NH, JD, Case and MF and hence next year they will be running a new 600TT with a V1050.

The second 600 is an 06 plate with one more season in her according to Ben, her driver. He cut 3,200 acres this year and the only failure was the drive belt to the unloading auger - which Claas repaired within 4 hours. Current plans are for a new 600TT after next years harvest...

As for spares availability, I guess that would depend on the size of your local dealer - having seen the warehouse at Manns of Saxham and the goods out section I would hope most if not all consumable items (belts, chains, bearings etc.) would be a 24hr service. Manns get a container a day from Germany, so even weird parts shouldn't take that much longer?

Also, at the dealers you have to talk to the right people. Salesmen will be trying to sell you stuff, but the partsman should only be interested in getting the parts you request. Perhaps I was spoiled at Manns - being the Claas UK headquarters perhaps they are more enthusiastic than other smaller dealerships?

On the upside - having reached the top of Lexion models (600TT with V1200) perhaps I don't have that long to wait for a new challenge!  ;D

Some good chat in this topic, So thought id add a little to the topic,

Im from the local Large scale farming co-op which currently has around 70 thousand acres accross the uk. They Have a partnership with Claas to supply all combines which at last count were in the region of 55 Lexions all no older than 3 years ranging from 480's to 580+. Scotlands combines are usually running Terra tracs and they are now upgrading to 36ft headers when the renewals come up.

Because of the quantity's of combines and tractors that Class supply,they were asked to run one of the prototypes for the 600 a few years back.

Reports from the first year was that nothing else could touch it for output and left competitors machines standing. In the following seasons Claass in all there wisdom changed the Chopper/thresher and parts of the software and by the time they launched the 600 its capabilitys were reduced from the first proto type.

In regards to service Class have I'd say one of the biggest chunks of the markets for harvesters and if there ever was a problem with any of the machines it was sorted within hours with very little after effects.

If Class are looking into building a larger version of the lexion  then im sure that with there development they'll go far. weather theres a market for such a large combine over here is a different thing. Co-op now run 580+ lexions as there isnt much of an after market for the 600.

we run a 580 and a600 new this year which wasnt right from day one couldnt keep with the 580 but claas ireland sorted it straight away glad to say it is know the other way a round we get great service over here cant fault them . everyone gets the same treatment no matter what you run as a freind of mine runs a 98sl and gets the same response from claas as we do  8) 8)

Some very interesting views on dealer back up here, I think that the problems you have are dealer specific as opposed to Claas problems. I also think that Claas would not like to read some of these comments.

We are open 7 days a week rain or shine and have been for the whole harvest period, we also still look after Senators aswell as Lexion 600's. Claas are still interested in the small farmer aswell, they have just launched the Avero range to cater for their needs,

http://www.claas.co.uk/countries/generator/cl-pw/en/products/combines/avero/start,lang=en_UK.html

As for problem machines, unfortunately there always seems to be a bad one now and again, whatever the breed.

Some very interesting views on dealer back up here, I think that the problems you have are dealer specific as opposed to Claas problems. I also think that Claas would not like to read some of these comments.

We are open 7 days a week rain or shine and have been for the whole harvest period, we also still look after Senators aswell as Lexion 600's. Claas are still interested in the small farmer aswell, they have just launched the Avero range to cater for their needs,

http://www.claas.co.uk/countries/generator/cl-pw/en/products/combines/avero/start,lang=en_UK.html

As for problem machines, unfortunately there always seems to be a bad one now and again, whatever the breed.

Have to agree with you Brian have seen dealers vans out in fields and in yards 7 days a weeks, Farmers in Aberdeenshire are very fickle with brands and if a dealership was not giving them the service would soon be taking their buisness elsewhere. Have never heard a bad word said about Sellars or Bruce farm machinery

but that combine is over 100k they say its for the small farmer but not many can afford that price tag.

Have to agree with you Brian have seen dealers vans out in fields and in yards 7 days a weeks, Farmers in Aberdeenshire are very fickle with brands and if a dealership was not giving them the service would soon be taking their buisness elsewhere. Have never heard a bad word said about Sellars or Bruce farm machinery

I think it must be our dealer but we baught a volto rake that went wrong but they give good backup with that.