classic tractor magazines januaray 2010

have to agree with you i'm not a huge case fan we used to have 1255 on the mixer wagon at work which always started up unlike the fendt they have replaced it with think some one else had the best of the tractor b4 we got it the write up on the fiats is good not a make i knew alot about but they seem like good tools and its always nice to see the classic combines which are still out working soo all in all another good copy of the mag well done!

Dear Archies pike,

Thank you for your question, which I have no problem answering. The article you mention has been delayed a couple of times, initially because the company in question was in the process of moving to new premises and then  because of work commitments.

It probably will go ahead at some point in the future, but unfortunately I can't tell you when because we still have to sort out a mutually agreeable time for all parties.

Regards

R Day.

Dear Toolbox Tam & Robbo,

Stone the crows you blokes take some pleasing. Point taken about the date for the next Spalding show, ....although I'm sure this date was given to me by Colin, but I still should have checked the calendar.

Reference the Siku JD combine, McCormick and JD 8430T, I should have quantified this by adding that the items you mention were making their 'UK farm model show debut' which is what I meant. I was aware of Lanark but it's more of a general show.

Maybe I should employ you two as proof-checkers....you might be able to spot a few typos for me......

Regards

R Day

Wot a nice read RORY

i to second Archies pike's pot in this topic regaurding INTA-TRACK

was sad reading about the Doncaster factory being torn down

on its 25th annerversery progress hey  :-[

why did the monopolys commision force CNH to sell off wheatly hall

there would be production even now i recon may be scaled down (no pun NIGEL)

but there would still be jobs there

it seems ok to save banks and there share holders but when it comes down to

saveing jobs for the working man the system doesent work

Thoroughly enjoyable read as always Rory, some absolutely fantastic articles in there, personal favourites have to be the very well put together Case IH anniversary special, the 100hp Ford comparisons and the farms running the older Fiats, very impressive issue. :)

Regards

David.

Dear Toolbox Tam & Robbo,

Stone the crows you blokes take some pleasing. Point taken about the date for the next Spalding show, ....although I'm sure this date was given to me by Colin, but I still should have checked the calendar.

Reference the Siku JD combine, McCormick and JD 8430T, I should have quantified this by adding that the items you mention were making their 'UK farm model show debut' which is what I meant. I was aware of Lanark but it's more of a general show.

Maybe I should employ you two as proof-checkers....you might be able to spot a few typos for me......

Regards

R Day

Oh Tut tut Rory... I WAS going to buy a copy this month... but if this is the kind of 'slap dash, lapsadasical attitude' you have towards your readers then I may well not invest in a copy.

Can you give us your categoric assurance that this won't happen again please Mr D ???

Also... I should inform you that I have passed your 'stone the crows' comment on to the RSPB  :of :of :of

:laugh::-*

Lord F,

I know, I'm very sorry for the inaccurate reporting; I shall in future try my best to adhere to the high standards and example shown by other tractor magazines, notably 'Classic Messy'. 

Don't worry about buying a copy....I will send you one f-o-c as you clearly need an injection of quality every so often.

Regards

R Day