TIM MII SA TEA Sugarbeet Harvester

After a few months off from models due to various reasons and getting a few outstanding orders cleared up I've started to build myself a one of TIM sugarbeet harvester for my own collection. This one is based on the two row unload on the move model, the MIISA/TEA of which two of our neighbours at work operate, there are several differences other than the tank between this one and my exsisting model that I produce for sale. I will try to keep this topic updated as the build progresses, it may take some time as without having to worry about building this model for casting I'm going to try and build more detail into it.

This is the real machine

t8.jpg

t9.jpg

I have started with the tank and unloading elevator, the rough shape is there now

004-9.jpg

005-9.jpg

006-7.jpg

Thanks guys. with regards to detail I'm going to build the cleaning turbines as per the real ones out of rod on this one and completely scratch build the webs, I just want it to be as realistic as possible.

My hands were tied with the last one somewhat as had I done that on that one the costs of casting would have increased greatly as would the problems associated with the casting. It needed to be a happy medium and I've learnt some new techniques and lessons since I built it.

If I have got a good way further with it by the 13th I will indeed bring it with me Marky :);)

Had some more materials come today so have been able to get the structure of the tank nearly finished tonight, just need to make the unloading web for it and ram pivots along with some tidying up of the edges

001-12.jpg

002-13.jpg

003-10.jpg

Webs will be made out of 1mm round plastruct or brass and thin plastruct strip as the Tim's use a continental rubber belted web not the old link type. I need to make myself a jig first for making the webs though, should be fun

Been working on the chassis for this today along with the spill guard in the tank and for under the tank loading elevator. Its taken a fair while to sort out today due to getting all the angles cut right but I'm pleased with how its looking now :)

Front tank support and chassis

002-14.jpg

006-8.jpg

Tubular tank gard can be seen above unloading elevator here

003-11.jpg

Rear loading elevator guard and rear tank supports

004-10.jpg

005-10.jpg