massey ferguson my collection!

tractortim

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

been to a local collective auction tonight the actual sale is not till tommorow P4140823.jpgP4140824.jpg this little 240 has had a terrible paint job they would have been better not painting it as now it looks like they have tryed to cover somthing upP4140818.jpgnice mf 24 bit too big for my 590 though i think?P4140819.jpg

bugger , i take it you're off to walford cross today then  :(  i was given friday off but couldn't get today :'(

that 24 would be fine on your 590 mate , after all it wasnt designed to be burried down to the frame .

as for the 240 tim , it looks odd because it has the newer style 300 series hardnose grill not the more common 500 / 200 series style. it wasn't long after these style tractors came out ,  MF withdrew the MASSEY FERGUSON name from the tractors & the newer decal just read 240.

i dont think it has a genuine perkins in it either , but a 'built under lisence' version

Indeed it's not a Perkins... the give away is the exit point for the air intake... it's made by Millat of India... they are junk... I've seen new ones sell for £5,500 which says it all really.

They are always on eBay and rarely even sell... my advice... your garge pole... keep it well away from this horrible thing.

As Marcus says.... the fact that MF made them remove their name from the product says it all really  :-\

• 1 year later...

indeed i could tim ,  many  puncture repairs on that old girl have i done ,

many many, ;D  ;D  ...............

many ,many,many  ;D 

...........to many  :-\

far to many :(

far more than i'd have liked  >:(

more than i'd like to remember  >:(

i used to hate that thing  :'(

;D ;D ;D ;D

yeah i got a lot of stories about that old girl , like about the time i went hauling pig slurry with it , & the other time i went haunling pig slurry with it....... ohh & there was one time i went hauling , ah ........er pig slurry with it  :-[

nah nice find mate , i take it you got it from tony brown ? last i saw it it was backed up in the gateway just before you get in the yard & was having problems with the pump, last couple of years i been thinking about seeing if he'd want to sell it , but didn't even know if he still had it !

but yes i've done a few thousand gallons with it up at cricket , of which a few of those loads you were sat up the cab with me mate ! mainly for the pigs , 2 days a week every other week if i recall but as well as the silage effluent, & washed out for clean water to soak the silage sheds out to get them scrubbed up for more silage .

first i used to haul it was that knackered 2wd 698  ! & the 3080 ,even used that old 590 with the wondering steering & wallys 290 for a few days !  good lord they never got out of low range all up past the court until the top fields  & even then that was only for a 100 yard stretch !  but the 698T was the kiddie to drag her about , i always thought the 2wd 698 & that tanker always made a great photo oppertunity, unfortunately another chance i didn't take  ::)

thanks for that tim , made me smile that has  :)

Oh well mate... at least its repairable then.. fair play to you for putting these implements into preservation as well Tim... Pictures of the MF37 as well sometime please.

I think I've got one as well... unless Marcus has sold it for scrap  :D :D :D

marcus who  ???

indeed i could tim ,  many  puncture repairs on that old girl have i done ,

yeah i got a lot of stories about that old girl , like about the time i went hauling pig slurry with it , & the other time i went hauling pig slurry with it....... ohh & there was one time i went hauling , ah ........er pig slurry with it  :-[

nah nice find mate , i take it you got it from tony brown ? last i saw it it was backed up in the gateway just before you get in the yard & was having problems with the pump, last couple of years i been thinking about seeing if he'd want to sell it , but didn't even know if he still had it !

but yes i've done a few thousand gallons with it up at cricket , of which a few of those loads you were sat up the cab with me mate ! mainly for the pigs , 2 days a week every other week if i recall but as well as the silage effluent, & washed out for clean water to soak the silage sheds out to get them scrubbed up for more silage .

first i used to haul it was that knackered 2wd 698  ! & the 3080 ,even used that old 590 with the wondering steering & wallys 290 for a few days !  good lord they never got out of low range all up past the court until the top fields  & even then that was only for a 100 yard stretch !  but the 698T was the kiddie to drag her about , i always thought the 2wd 698 & that tanker always made a great photo oppertunity, unfortunately another chance i didn't take  ::)

thanks for that tim , made me smile that has  :)

yeah hink the pig slurry has taken its toll on it requires afew welds mainly round the back outlet other than that it pretty mch up to gether yes it came from tony brown hes left pottery farm now and any thing he had is out at dawlish wake don't suppose you want a mf37 cculitivator 8/9ft at a guess? its tidy