BRITAINSMAD - Some of my fleet

BRITAINSMAD

So here are a few of my Britains collection.  85% of what I have is from my childhood - still in the boxes and mostly in mint condition.  I have started collected again recently and in this past two weeks I have bought 17 new items :-S  Im still awaiting most of them in the post but when they arrive I will update this post

First off are some of the boxed items....  If you look to the bottom right you will see three brown boxes.  In these boxes are 12 Vario spreaders from the PowerFarm range that I bought from a shop that was closing down a few years back and they havent seen the light of day yet - one of my golden finds i think!!

DSC01525-1.jpg

(For full size image click here) - th_DSC01525.jpg

These are some of the loose items I have - I use these for repairs or to modify other loose items I have....

DSC01526.jpg

These are some of the additions I have made in the this past fortnight.  The two County's were bought from DBP Models at a recent Model Show in Portrush.  The others were got at the local toy store.

DSC01527.jpg

Oh, an I bought this one day in a moment of weakness a couple of years ago!!

DSC01528-1.jpg

(Full size image - th_DSC01528.jpg )

Hopefully you can make these out - I took them on my phone so they mightnt be the clearest.  Im making a display at the moment and when I have it completed I'll put up some proper pictures taken with a  decent camera.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Overall picture

IMG_2166.jpg

New John Deere

IMG_2163.jpg

FTF Autoways Ford 5000

IMG_2155.jpg

FTF Ford 5000 weathered

IMG_2148.jpg

Various boxed items still to be displayed

IMG_2165.jpg

Thanks for looking.  Hopefully ill get the rest of the models displayed soon and ill be sure and add them when i do.  Please leave comments questions and suggestions!

Tris, you will be pleased to hear the JD has been moved and replaced by a few more golden oldies!  I am setting up another shelf where I will place the newer models.

I hope to keep all the older stuff (1980 - 1990) on these shelves and 2000 - 2010 in the new section.  Hopefully get more pics up again soon

This is exactly what I had in mind to display my Britains models. May I ask where you bought your glass shelves?

And that Vanderstad drill looks huge compared to the older Britains!

the shelves are 9 inches deep and 5ft wide.  I got them from a local glass company and they were £25 a piece.  The brackets I bought on eBay - 8 sets at £8 each

Many thanks for all the comments.  I hope to post the rest of the collection over the next few weeks so be sure and check back!

• 3 weeks later...

Got a few more bits and pieces over this past few weeks so I thought I would put a few up here.  Battery ran out on the camera before I could get them all but heres a start!

Land Rover Defender and Horse Box combo

STA40104.jpg

Autoway Mixer

STA40106.jpg

Kemper Header

STA40107.jpg

New Holland baler (a bit newer than I would normally buy but I couldnt refuse!)

STA40108.jpg

Britains Centenary Model (ive had this since I was 8 and it is still one of my favourites)

STA40109.jpg

12 Powerfarm Vicon Spreaders (still in trade boxes, never opened)

STA40110.jpg

A few brochures I had lying around

STA40111.jpg

I love the 1990 catalogue cover, I wish they still produced ones with a bit of effort

I have to agree with you there.  That has to be my favourite catalogue and brings back so many memories from when I first caught the Britains bug! 

Only David Pullen is creating covers like that now adays.  Just another slip that Britains have taken in attention to detail over the past number of years...