FARMING PEOPLE - WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE!

Lady Ferguson

For my next phase of metal miniatures I want to produce some farming folk. Would love to hear what would you guys like to see and why :)

Also if you had the option, would you prefer them with or without bases? Some people think that the Britains bases spoil the realism on a farm layout :-\  But I'd like some FTF opinions, please :-*

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a decent bloke in a digging/ shovling pose for a start, where the fork is on the ground not x mm in the air,one of a guy climbing steps into a tractor to would be a good addition if possable to mandy, drivers we can get but that ones a missing item, maybe a figure thats holding a bale to??

a decent bloke in a digging/ shovling pose for a start, where the fork is on the ground not x mm in the air,one of a guy climbing steps into a tractor to would be a good addition if possable to mandy, drivers we can get but that ones a missing item, maybe a figure thats holding a bale to??

I am looking forward to seeing a 'decent' bloke Sean? What would he look like? The opposite to an indecent bloke I suppose, which was going to be my suggestion!

Mandy - how about a vet and a farrier?

A must have would be 'a man from the ministry'!

As above but how about someone kneeling on one knee - could be greasing a machine, fencing or planting.

Bending over legs apart could be clipping, changing a wheel, shoeing a horse...

Separate arms at different angles would be cool.  :D

Personally I prefer with no base - I drill a hole in the foot and put a brass pin in - so a pre cast hole would help.  :)

well i aint ever seen a decent bloke either, but i aint that way inclined anyway jo  :D :D :D :D :D

as for bases, if you do them right you could have it so they can be cut off or left on?? almost like the britains figures now in a way they are plastic, but white metal cuts ok to

as for models, why not see if the new king hobbit mark, marcus or even the toppled  king of the hobbits tris can pose for you, quick cover of latex and you will have perfect size figure moulds  to work from ;)

it will be great if we can get people like this and all the ideas done its what we have all been waiting for its a wonder no one ever approached the likes of britains or siku to do these sort of drivers or farm workers years ago its always whats missing from a great display or diorama lack of drivers or workers about the yards hopefully that will all change now :)

someone welding kneeling on one knee with the full face mask but then we would need an arc welder aswell  ;D  some one with a impact wrench on his knee aswell the driver looking over his shoulder is a good idea a person with the arms seperate so they could be glued in a pose might be a good idea