14ton land roller

Guest Fendt pwr

Guest Fendt pwr

I made this roller today on my day off.

Will be just the thing for bustting up hard clods in the summer and pushing down stone's on in clover seed paddocks.

How much did Marky Mark pay you to position the 6290 in front of the roller?

(... as if a 6290 would even know what to do with 14 tons! We've a local contractor who uses the 6290 to pull the empty Red Rock Dumper back to the quarry, and a 1965 pre-force Ford 5000 Super Major to pull the full load to the building site.)

Okay, maybe I've had one pint of Heineken too many.

It was a 1969 Ford Force 5000!  ;D

(... as if a 6290 would even know what to do with 14 tons! We've a local contractor who uses the 6290 to pull the empty Red Rock Dumper back to the quarry, and a 1965 pre-force Ford 5000 Super Major to pull the full load to the building site.)

It was a 1969 Ford Force 5000!? ;D

Ha ha - Nice to see a great model being pulled by an even great tractor - 6290's eat 14 tonnes for breakfast  ;D::)

Guest Fendt pwr

Thanks guys  :)

I'm not sure what I'll make next,maybe a wee tattie convayer.

On flat land a 6290 would walk away with that roller,once they get rolling they are not to bad to pull. ;)

Thanks guys? :)

I'm not sure what I'll make next,maybe a wee tattie convayer.

On flat land a 6290 would walk away with that roller,once they get rolling they are not to bad to pull. ;)

'yeah you will make a wee tattie conveyor'  :) :)

It was a 1969 Ford Force 5000!? ;D

your about right there, i drive a 6270 4wd and my 90hp john deere runs rings round it, we call the massey the "gutless wonder"

I made this roller today on my day off.

Will be just the thing for bustting up hard clods in the summer and pushing down stone's on in clover seed paddocks.

Fair play thats a smart job you've made of that roller !

I'm quite new to the forum so I don't know much about you .

Do you build a lot of models like the roller ?

Any more photos ?

Guest Fendt pwr

G  thanks,

All the models I've ever made can be found under the title "implerment conversions" they are all simple models made from wood manily I'm no pro at it for sure.

The amazone harrow parked next to the roller was an x-mas gift from a cobber in spain,it started out life as an ertl 1/64 scale model.

Cheers ol.

your about right there, i drive a 6270 4wd and my 90hp john deere runs rings round it, we call the massey the "gutless wonder"

Oh I do have to agree,MF have had better tractors than the 61-6270's they are shall we say slightly lacking in the odd 110hp or so? ;);D I know a chap who traded one in for a JD 6620 standard tractor and thought they had stuck an extra engine under the bonnet compared to the MF Coal burner.No Comparison? ::););D

All the same congrats on the roller very smart,with the scraper etc.Nice to see little bits of detail like that.As for pulling it anything will pull a 14 ton roller within reason,its the stopping it on a grass hillside thats the tricky bit. :o:-\ ;);D

G? thanks,

All the models I've ever made can be found under the title "implerment conversions" they are all simple models made from wood manily I'm no pro at it for sure.

The amazone harrow parked next to the roller was an x-mas gift from a cobber in spain,it started out life as an ertl 1/64 scale model.

Cheers ol.

That answers my question about the cultivator, any more pictures fp??