Nicks silage season

Kiwi6920

Well as some of you know im fulltime on the stack this season driving 8120 and 8420 jds

have spent the last 4 days away from home in the middle of know where doing a silage job, here is a couple of pics from it, go back up in the next couple of days to the next sation, 1 1/2 hrs tractor drive away and they have 5 days of silage there

well heres a couple of pics from my hour brak from stacking

IMG_2377.jpg

i like this next pic alot

IMG_2393.jpg

if i get time iull put some more up before i go back

You lucky git!  >:( >:(>:(:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Yeah... 64 hrs in 4 days, and the sorest kneck i have ever had... have to go get the 7920 so ill shove more pics up when i get home

in the 1st pic there is snow in the top left corner, Mt ruapehu

nice photos there would love the job mowing nice long swarts no small fields there i bet  :D  i know what you mean about the neck problems had the same problem after first cut my neck locked up couldnt look to the right at all went on a course of pills the doctor gave me still cant look the full way around after how many months  :'(  so dont let it get too bad and take a break fairly often  ;)

Thanks guys, yeah rear mounted rakes, i have front links on the 81 but they are just for looks i think, hasnt got plumbing for toplink or push off :(

not very long runs, well they are but its steep hill country so its a challange to mow

im fighting with PB to upload some more for you boys

i had the rake driver in on the stack when i ttok the pics, didnt take any of those stacks, i have some pics from other jobs will ;)

we just did 120ha, next job is 220ha so we do some jobs, the next stack i will have pics off as she wil be a monster pile of grass

I stack thats all i do

Me god, photobucket worked fine, 1st time for a long time....

The best mowing picture i have yet

IMG_2397.jpg

out with the old, in with the new

IMG_2449.jpg

our second rake tractor, wasnt on the same job as the other pictures

IMG_2350.jpg

The 8420 on my 2nd to last stack, i wasnt driving, i had parked up

IMG_2308.jpg

thats all for now folks

@Deer-est : New Zealands hill country is beautiful and if you ever have the chance.. visit it  ;)  driving from coast to coast in 4-6 hours from sandy beaches, through hills and woods, snowy mountains and rocky coastlines again is a sight to behold  ;D

@Nick : that first Claas Cougar shot is fantastic.. like it comes straight out of the brochure  8)

thanks for adding more photo's.. stacking is quite important, if not done right, it might result in rotting etc.. We use wheelloaders for the stacking though , to distribute the loads over the stack and you wont have to turn around in the cab all the time  ;) 

why do you use tractors for stacking? has it to do with the distances you have to travel? or better experiences with...?

Thanks guys,

@ will, we have allways used tractors, my old boy did it with bulldozers, we now have started to use diggers and wheel loaders, for years wheel loaders have just been for dirt work, they are starting to take over stacks but a tractor is alot more stable, and any one can handle a tractor on a stack over a wheel loader

Ohh yeah will, that mower is a Jaguar, not a cougar, they have 5 mowers ;) ;)

@mjb the sun has gone south for the week im sad to say, so no i cant send it over