New Model Farm

Tellarian

is there some sort of planning law that new stuff like this must be hidden?? asking as a farmer down this way recently shifted from his old site selling that off for houses, and built a new one 200 yards down the road ,but instead of going on the nice flat site he dug down and sunk it into the ground a bit like this guys done? ok this ones on a hill by the looks of it, but why dig down on a level site???

looks a nice job to be involved with that is some firm 3b constuction by the looks . cracking buildings i think the slats and cellers for slurry storage are getting more and more popular over here saves all that slurry pushing , wonder how long milking takes,there is talk of a 4000, cow unit in the planning with two rotarys but will have to wait and see talk is cheap so they say. have you been involed with this steve  :)

hes built the full place in the hole which amazed me, they moved a huge amount of soil and spread it round several fields,ploughing it in  and built a bank round it all to, just has a track down into it, seems fully self contained, but certainly not as big as this one steves posted, wonder if hes put the celers in like this then?

if I`m right garryhorn is up in ayrshire. 3b is a company with a good reputation round our way and is a sub company of Barr construction........of barrhill fame, the ones who build football stadiums etc.......solway precast  was another offshoot  of Bill Barr`s companies. I used to see a guy  when I went to give blood who worked for barr`s , he was on the tesco squad, they build the stores all over the country.

I know a fella round here whos putting up an 800 cow set up, he already has one with 1000 cows. he says if you can tell me a better way to make money then I`ll stop milking cows.............same guy once said, think big we now supposed to  trade in the global market,  the world is a big place.

yes under shed slurry storage Sean, keeps the rainfall off the  ring....with somewhere between 49 and 84 inches of rain up our way, that`s one or two rings deep..........  with the 6month storage rules, keeping the rain off allows a bit extra without having to increase an original store.also in the hollow allows some sort of buffer in the unlikely event of a storage failure. I`d like to bet though its not in much of a hollow by the time it`s all finished,that would lead to ventilation probs Id reckon......

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There a guy near me milking between 1200 and 1300 cows, and there talks.about putting it up to either 1500 or 1700,

• 2 years later...

Archived