Reekie bedformer

This is my take on the Reekie bedformer, have been on and off this one for a while, The rams are not correctly positioned as this was the smallest materials i had. The ploughs are UH lemken mouldboards joined together. The framework is styrene/plasticard as is the pipe work on the frame. Discs are from the Britain's simba cultivator, and turn as they should. All i need now is decals have to get around to trying to make these.  ::)

Here is the pics

DSC00700.jpg

DSC00701.jpg

DSC00702.jpg

DSC00703.jpg

DSC00704.jpg

I'd love to get arund to building some replica machines of ones I used to work with. All 3 row machines on fendts, widend out bit time. after this post I think i'll start giving it some serious thought, shame that the market don't account much for potato equipment or much other equipment.

I'd love to get arund to building some replica machines of ones I used to work with. All 3 row machines on fendts, widend out bit time. after this post I think i'll start giving it some serious thought, shame that the market don't account much for potato equipment or much other equipment.

Get on with it i just did this from a couple of photo's no measurements. I agree with you that there's not alot on the market. But i think David Towse does some potato equipment on a site that does britains spares as well, maybe Ive got the name wrong. But the top players in models would sell alot of this kit if they made it, i think theres alot of manufacturers brands from the past and present.

nice bit of kit,having worked half my farming life at potatoes i love this equipment and is my ultimate goal to have the setup,bedformer,ridger,destoner and the biggest job of all the harvester,i really am going to have to make a start now and your bedformer has given me the urge....keep us posted as its looking good

Nice little bit of kit, going to need a destoner mind... So what else is in the pipeline?

Thanks for the comments lads hope to make more of this tattie equipment. Looking to make a bedtiller next then maybe a seperator, planter and harvester at some point.

Do'h

Sorry to say this but if you read through you will see that im going to make a bed tiller next. A frame and rotor made already then hopefully, a seperator and planter then onto the harvester  ::):laugh:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...