cauli rigs

nick henton

Question

hi everyone

I don't know if any of you out there will be able to help but I'm just wondering how easy it would be to construct a cauliflower rig to fit on a siku JD 6920 or if anybody has ever made them in model form or would anybody be willing to have a go at making one to fit the reason i ask this is with growing up on the lincolnshire fens they are very common on the fields i would like to have one or two on my layout any ideas or any leads would be greatfully received many thanks

nick

16 answers to this question

cheers masseyjack i will have a look through that topic with intrest

i must admit that looks fantastic has anybody ever made the picking rig that goes around the tractor if you know what I'm on about?  for when they are ready for picking would you know?

I know what ur after, Have quite a few of them round us here in norfolk Thanks to Gee's. Could be an interesting project, some good rowcrops to start with ::) . To be honest the rest of it wouldn't be to hard as its mostly frame work.Are you after the packing plant on the back as well?

hi fendthead

the curtain sided trailer yeah thats what i want i just think if it was done i think it would make a great scene i can always get hold of photos to work from as my brother is involved in that sort of area they are always out in the fields around spalding.

what sort of materials do you think i would need i was thinking plastruct and rods for the frame and perhaps an old Britain's cattle truck converted what do you think?

do you know where i can get some rowcrop wheels to suit?

Its a shame there is nobody building 1/32 Belarus 862 tractors. There used to be a company called Pelican. I believe they came from Linc's area that made a harvesting rig and pack house based on this tractor. It was a cool piece of engineering and would make a cool project and something different.  I was involved with them in the Pembrokeshire area when we where Belarus dealers in Cardigan west  Wales. Sadly I do not have any pictures of them but somebody on here might. 

i think i know who you mean i think they was based somewhere near spalding

its a shame U/Hobbies or siku don't make something like that in my opinion there isn't enough veg equipment on sale in 1/32 scale its certainly something I'm going to look into doing i think it would be an intresting project to try and do