i've gone and sold my Massey and bought a New Holland

farmermarshall

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No I had an 820 C-Matic on demo and was very impressed with it, it pulled like a train, used next to no diesel, less than the JD in fact doing the same job even though it was 30hp more, had a nice light, comfortable cab and great suspension. Well balanced tractor with a lot of features on it, when the time comes to change the Deere we'll certainly be seriously considering one. Definately won't be having another John Deere tractor after the current two 20 series and with the trouble local chaps are having with 30 series models

theres a local big contractor beside us here in county down been predomitley johndeeres and one claas xerion now running four claas tractors two arions xerion and axion 840 chat of a 6820 deere going later this year for another claas which would leave them with 5 claas tractors 3 30 series deeres and a 10 000 hour 6810 deere which they wont part with for love nor money

ive driven a landini 105 , it would not pull the skin of a rice pudding  ..had one on e the silage trailers .. 399 2wd was right up my Bum all the time and had a bigger trailer ..mine was a 8 tonner  his was a 10 .. that 399 was a hell of a tractor

what model was it

powerfarm, vision, ghibli

or older

ive driven a landini 105 , it would not pull the skin of a rice pudding  ..had one on e the silage trailers .. 399 2wd was right up my Bum all the time and had a bigger trailer ..mine was a 8 tonner  his was a 10 .. that 399 was a hell of a tractor

I'm afraid I would have to agree with that too - there was only ever one 4 cylinder Landini and that was the 9880. Suppose I had better say it was a newer MF 690T ;D

If I ever wanted a second hand simple 120+hp tractor a Legend would be in the running.

Personally I wouldn't touch a Landini, very low residual values, once you've got one you'll have a hell of a job getting rid of it for anything like a decent price, same applies to a lesser extent to a lot of the less common makes. Have to say I agree with Marky , a Sisu engined Massey will take some beating, low fuel consumption, loads of torque ,and good resale values in the future.

I'm afraid I would have to agree with that too - there was only ever one 4 cylinder Landini and that was the 9880. Suppose I had better say it was a newer MF 690T ;D

If I ever wanted a second hand simple 120+hp tractor a Legend would be in the running.

legend are some pull tractor

I dont know tractor prices over there but if you had that tractor 10 years and happy with it I wonder why take a  risk when you  can buy the ssame brand and have some confidence in the brand....????  Over here I see the 5400 series is popular......strong little monkeys.......and good price range...

theres alot of debate here still, re landini i would rule them out, as it has been said hopeless machines, drove one at a ploughing coarse, plile of poo poo.

valtra seam ok, drove a T191? didnt like the foot throttle or cab, but wouldnt buy one.

deutz seam good, i looked at one but local dealer didnt get back with a price so was put off as if he couldnt be arsed to price there would be no backup if it went wrong!

claas i tried seamed spot on, very smooth auto box etc, totally loved a newholland 7040 i had for a week power harrowing but think depresiation will be a problem :(

masseys seam good but dont go for one just cos people on here have red blinkers on, you need a 64 series if you go that way.

i run jd's but if ya getting a new one i would be warey of the 30 series, deere are going backwards :of

drove a McCormick for 3 days and lets say dont go there, pile of crap!

choice is yours, just my opinions, i would go newholland if you were planning on running it for a while (yes i did say NH not jd!)

theres alot of debate here still, re landini i would rule them out, as it has been said hopeless machines, drove one at a ploughing coarse, plile of poo poo.

valtra seam ok, drove a T191? didnt like the foot throttle or cab, but wouldnt buy one.

deutz seam good, i looked at one but local dealer didnt get back with a price so was put off as if he couldnt be arsed to price there would be no backup if it went wrong!

claas i tried seamed spot on, very smooth auto box etc, totally loved a newholland 7040 i had for a week power harrowing but think depresiation will be a problem :(

masseys seam good but dont go for one just cos people on here have red blinkers on, you need a 64 series if you go that way.

i run jd's but if ya getting a new one i would be warey of the 30 series, deere are going backwards :of

drove a McCormick for 3 days and lets say dont go there, pile of crap!

choice is yours, just my opinions, i would go newholland if you were planning on running it for a while (yes i did say NH not jd!)

Mike what about a Fendt?  No sure anyone has said anything about them but my understanding if you can afford one they are top machines....

No I had an 820 C-Matic on demo and was very impressed with it, it pulled like a train, used next to no diesel, less than the JD in fact doing the same job even though it was 30hp more, had a nice light, comfortable cab and great suspension. Well balanced tractor with a lot of features on it, when the time comes to change the Deere we'll certainly be seriously considering one. Definately won't be having another John Deere tractor after the current two 20 series and with the trouble local chaps are having with 30 series models

Interesting how the Claas Axion's all use a Deere Power System Engine..... All that deere slating could come back to bite you if you go for a claas with a Deere engine......

Spoken like a true JD employee and not end user ::)

Why should it? I've not once slated the engine nor have we had any problems with the engine in any of our tractors (yet!!), its whats attached to it thats giving the problems. The engine in the Claas tractors may be DPS but it has Claas's software in it as well. I won't stop slating the two we have trouble with either for as long as they kep being a pain in our ass, but if you read my posts elsewhere you will see I have nothing but praise for our older 10 series tractors.

Spoken like a true JD employee and not end user ::)

Why should it? I've not once slated the engine nor have we had any problems with the engine in any of our tractors (yet!!), its whats attached to it thats giving the problems. The engine in the Claas tractors may be DPS but it has Claas's software in it as well. I won't stop slating the two we have trouble with either for as long as they kep being a pain in our ass, but if you read my posts elsewhere you will see I have nothing but praise for our older 10 series tractors.

I have to keep flying the green and yellow flag mate ;)

And I was an end user for over 8 years so I do know about my fair share of problems...

Anyway... topic seems to be getting off the main subject........

Steven,

One simple answer....... pick the best dealer, parts support and if you need to, what fills your needs at the best price?

Someone has to ;D ;D

I know all brands are the same, we just happen to have got two friday afternoon tractors whereas our neighbour has a 6920 thats never been any trouble

I do agree with you there though Jez, best dealer and back up goes a long way when it comes to purchase decisions

Zetors are another tractor like the Landini, once you've got one ,the only way you can get rid of it without losing a load of money ,is to trade it for another zetor.

Even so the are a great little tractor especialy the old  7341 1994 or 6 not sure

good for carting silage :D

i wouldn't go Valtra, steering wheel is too small, its like being on a kiddies peddle tractor :laugh:  but if you do decide on Valtra go for a T series if you want a 6 cyl but for the 4 cyl a N121 Advance is up to the job a mate of mine has his on the feeder wagon and it handles fine, in fact they do everything on it they have had some gearbox trouble but that was just through driver error :laugh: