i've gone and sold my Massey and bought a New Holland

farmermarshall

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not sure exactly what direction am heading yet but hoping to buy fairly fresh as in 09 at least i have spent quite alot this past 9months since my dad passed away but all to make life easier ,anything that was spent though at least had a couple of days to think about it, i still have the massey until i get my new tractor which is really useful this is my first biggish important purchase so i'm grateful of your help i will get new batteries for my camera when the time come i have also purchased a new Fleming dung spreader and its blue too  :laugh:  :-\

well its nice to see that you gave the old massey a quick blow over with a spray gun before you sell here on stephen  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

claas sem to be doning some nice deals at the mo  :P

never seen a spray of paint in her life but did get a few touch ups with a hairy spray gun  :laugh:

That tractors a real credit to you. what about trying a JD 6534 or a Fergie 6470 they're both very good tractors.

thanks mate i have to watch my £££££££££ but sure am interested in a colour change

is that the red one up near the front on top was looking at that when we were replacing the thermostat (yet another fault i forgot to add) and it looks very strained like its stretched is that it  ???  aswell i forgot to add in case you didnt get it stephen dont touch a case mxu or its nh counter part unless you want to splash out on plenty of repairs or you could go for the much bigger nh 7*** have heard good things about those  :laugh: 

is that the red one up near the front on top was looking at that when we were replacing the thermostat (yet another fault i forgot to add) and it looks very strained like its stretched is that it  ???  aswell i forgot to add in case you didnt get it stephen dont touch a case mxu or its nh counter part unless you want to splash out on plenty of repairs or you could go for the much bigger nh 7*** have heard good things about those  :laugh:

now you have me worried lad  :-\

Stephen... I find this whole topic fascinating.. As you are a real farnmer making this decision I'm keen to find out what makes your decision..

can I ask (if you don't mind) a few questions please...

1. Why do you fancy a colour change exactly

2. Why a six pot engine

3. Given the small difference in price between new and nearly new... why not make a bespoke order for exactly what you want

maybe our area got a bad batch or something  :-:laugh:  thats just what ive experienced and heard from quite a few people mostly the owners who you hear complaining but drivers sing their praises becuse theyre nice and comfy but i find them poor for pulling the slurry tank it struggles on the pump but it pulls trailers wagons and powers the mower like its not there

i dont think you can say were everywhere everyone knows nash that your county produces all the travelling folk for the rest of the country  :laugh:

maybe our area got a bad batch or something  :-:laugh:  thats just what ive experienced and heard from quite a few people mostly the owners who you hear complaining but drivers sing their praises becuse theyre nice and comfy but i find them poor for pulling the slurry tank it struggles on the pump but it pulls trailers wagons and powers the mower like its not there

i dont think you can say were everywhere everyone knows nash that your county produces all the travelling folk for the rest of the country  :laugh:

No no that is Limerick my boy ::)

In the current market anything but JD or Fendt.

Valtra N121 would be good but then it is a 4cyl. MF 6470, NH T6030, Case IH MXU 115, Deutz Fahr K430, Lambo R5, Claas Arion have lots of fans too.

Interesting topic sir.

You know my answer...... 6630 standard.

The 6534 as mentioned earlier is a 4cylinder machine but built ona 6cylinder frame.

Maybe an intersting option......

Best of luck and Welcome to the Green side ;)

I would love to see the math....Case NH Deere, big ticket items....I would think you could buy a nice Massey for much less and get some quality too...that is what we are seeing out west where I live...... all the name branding is talk but when it comes down to money it may be a different kettle of fish.....

Over here it is mainly New Holland due to their competitive prices. Fendt is unaffordable when you look at mere horsepower and dont fancy all the technical(and mostly useless for farmers) extra's they put in their models. We bought a TL90A 3 years ago and are quite pleased with it. Had some issues with the oil pump as apparently there was a factory problem in it which showed quite quick as we have a loader fitted on it. But now it runs very fine. From what i have heard around me, the T6000 and T7000 series are really good with no problems. The T7060 is most preferred around here.

JD is also very expensive and have had many problems with the gearbox in the 30-series. Then new 45-series are to new to know how they cope overall.

But other brands are also widely available, but around here, we hardly see any even with a Deutz, Massey and Claas dealer very close by.

JD is also very expensive and have had many problems with the gearbox in the 30-series.

So did some of the 20 series, mines on its second transmision, went at 3000hrs. Round this way the 30 series seem to be having trouble with turbo failure, cracking manifolds, overheating engine, head gasket failures and the odd transmission problem. Its certainly put us off buying another one, the repair bills for mine in the past year are frightening :of

So did some of the 20 series, mines on its second transmision, went at 3000hrs. Round this way the 30 series seem to be having trouble with turbo failure, cracking manifolds, overheating engine, head gasket failures and the odd transmission problem. Its certainly put us off buying another one, the repair bills for mine in the past year are frightening :of

My neighbours 6930 had a new gearbox at 2000 hours(dealer covered it though) but it was mostly road work he did with his and thats what knackered it up.

Fendt maybe expensive to purchase but you get quality and an excellent re sale value, which in the long run makes them competitive.

Also you need to think of fuel economy, if diesel prices shoot up.

If i was to choose i would go Fendt, Deutz or Valtra. Front linkage, air brakes for trailers and any new legislation, front loader all these will add to its value and potential export market when/if you sell in???

• 2 weeks later...