i've gone and sold my Massey and bought a New Holland

farmermarshall

Stephen, I read about front linkage being a possible option on your new tractor, someone also mentioned having two spools added to this option but your dislike to a front loader. Now obviously this is your money everyone is wagering on and our own personal views we are giving as to how to spend your cash  ;):laugh:

With the above in consideration and my own experience with using front linkage on a pit with a front push off buckrake... The tractor I use isn't important (TM155) but it had a loader fitted with joystick control which is a pleasure to use by itself but with the loader removed, the front hydraulic services are plumbed in to the loaders' spool block (via the back end). This makes for a lovely control of the front implement with forward/backward of the joystick giving lower/raise and left/right of the joystick giving in/out of the pushing frame. A loader will add residual value to your tractor in an age where the loader does seem to be going through a bit of regeneration. If it's not for you, a twin spool joystick control may be of interest though, say if you had three services you could opt for one and two to be on a two way joystick. Use as normal for rear hydraulic services or with the twist of a valve you would have single lever control for an implement like a buckrake or a post banger with hydraulic mast adjustment, mounted straw chopper with spout rotation and blow height. Just a couple of thoughts for you to think about in getting the most out of one machine having said you're a one man band.

I also echo those who have put residual value, parts/service/warranty higher on the list than loyalty/attractive deals. In the long run, whatever tractor you chose will become an asset in trading in for a replacement, not just an asset to your working day.  :) :)

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well done fm look forward to the pictures mate  :P :P

thanks Steve oh yes pictures will follow shortly  ;)

brand new eh mate, must have been offering a good deal to go new

aye well i was orginally going to buy a T6030 plus with low hours and realised i could buy a new Delta model with most of the trimmings only new with just 4.2 hrs on the clock  ;)

What spec did you choose? Post up the pictures as soon as she lands ;) ;)

new batteries ordered for the camera  ;)

>:(

look forward to your pictures steven ,i thought the massey  went well with the colour of your barns to ,you may have to spray them , it will be a good read your comparisons as the months go buy  :)

ha ha! thanks i need to re roof some of the sheds shortly loking forward to its arrival i quite like that new smell ,not that it lasts too long sold my massey 240 and my CASE 1394 at the weekend too so still a bit of shopping to do yet

i bet, much like cars, lot of the time its cheaper to go extra route on a base model, same seems to have worked in your favor

aye well we'll see no front linkage as yet but might be a phonecall done tomorrow i dont know

Good to hear that Stephen - best of luck with it

Good to hear that Stephen - best of luck with it

thanks nashmach

excellent choice. Have good experiences with New Holland garantees and service which should help also. And the T6030 is a real nice tractor. I bet you'll be shuffed with it, once you get her on the yard.

Am quite curious with the next one on your shopping list. As this turned out to be a surprise by buying brand new. but guess the offer was to good to refuse  ;)

will you be looking second hand now? with how many hours?

congrats on your purchase!

i purchased a brand new New Holland T6030 today had'nt set out to do it but its all done now should be the new owner by the weekend  :laugh:

quite similiar to this one http://pictures.tractorfan.nl/groot/n/new-holland/228739-t-6030-new-holland.jpg

Good for you Stephen... I look forward to the pictures when she arrives... I bet you'll not get a lot of sleep the day before she arrives then mate  :P;)

nice move stephen, as ive said i drove a nh 8040 and 7040 this harvest and thought they were great, really well layed out in the cab. so on this upgrade mf 0 - nh 1 ;D

my only concern is the resale value, there cheaper to buy so guess not worth as much to trade but at the end of the day its what it costs to swap not what there worth