Is a Valtra good looking or not ?

andrewstanford

i dont like the metallic red colour, which is just shiny red oxide in my opinion ;D , i do think however colour can alter the way a machine looks, that S series would look totally different another colour.

My favourite colour option from Valtra is metallic blue, whats everyone elses colour of choice.

does anyone know whether the X series is still going? the pivot steer one.

What's the history of Valtra ??? are they a relatively new company ???

Have a look at the latest "Classic Tractor" and , no, Valtra are a long established company although they have had a number of name changes. One of their parents is Volvo BM and the other is the Swedish Government. They may not have been in the UK for that long but they have been in the business for some time.

thanks Mike.. I'll do my best to get a copy of CT then.. sounds interesting that

Errrrr good job we don't do numpties any more  :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ I have just checked and it is the March issue you want, if you want me to paraphrase it I can do  ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

i think it looks a smart tractor now,few more appearing round our way again..two new dealerships appointed in place of one firm previously............I am wondering what that could be telling us though.

They're a very good looking and well built tractor with a superb engine - presumably that's why Agco bought them, to get a decent engine for their other brands.  Just wonder about their future when they're selling 'against' MF and Fendt.

Well my original comments were about the seemingly endless model making of the bland Valtra range by UH so heaven knows how my comments ended up on this thread??

However I will stick to my guns!  Is Valtra good looking? NO certainly not!

The big new one has a nice cab but a tediously bland bonnet! Would you rather have the S series instead of its MF8600 cousin? I think not!! And as for the "pimp my ride" T series or whatever it was at the Cereals event last summer painted black with smoked out windows and go faster stripes or was it flame stickers on its bonnet ughhhh! TACKY!!!

No one least of all me is saying they are not a good tractor with a great engine but like a Russian female shot putter they are not designed with sex appeal in mind ;D

Well my original comments were about the seemingly endless model making of the bland Valtra range by UH so heaven knows how my comments ended up on this thread??

I split this topic as your comment started a great discussion about real tractors.. hence why it's now a topic in real farm talk, farm talk, tractors  ;)

Well done to you as well... you've sparked a great debate that I've enjoyed reading no end  ;)

As for your other comments... I agree... give me the 8690 any day... then I am maybe, just a tiny weeny bit, biased

had a very intresting talk to a farmer at malvern about his valtra experiance weirdly

bought 75k's worth of valtra t, loader etc on it, drove it for about 20 hrs i think he said, and had to stop using it, the item then spent 2 years sat in his yard, or agcos headquaters about 10 miles from where he lives, as the hydralics would work all alone with no one in the cab, loader would raise and lower, crowd the bucket, any implement on the back would raise and drop, apparently first trip out the plough on the back decided to drop, raise then try and turn over all by its self as he was opening the field gateway up 

ruined his experiance so much with the dealers and agcos responces and efforts to fix, he would not even buy the ftf grey valtra as some money would go to them in rights

Sean, did Agco/Valtra sort the problem? really this sort of thing could happen to any modern machine, at the end of the day this is where a good dealer comes in,  not always the local dealer (people often think if they buy from a local dealer they will get better backup)

Most dealers are worried about losing the franchise and wont stand up for the customer.

This is the only negative ive heard of Valtra but not Agco.

my dad has a valtra n101 and a t130, imo i think they are ugly, the n101 has to be the worst out of any modern tractor ive driven for comfort, the t130 is a little better on par with say a tm newholland. cab quality would be below par with the opposition too. terrible lock on the t130. only plus point on it would be it is a very good pulling tractor. reliably no better or worse than any of the opposition the t130 is reaching 5000 hours and needing a bit spent on it. very overpriced tractors john deere money for new holland quality. im a john deere man through a through and the next tractor we will be buying will be one of them, far superior in every way.

whenever ive been at Cambridge machinery sale a Valtra with high hours will often start at a higher price than a JD with half the hours, the bidding is lively and attract alot of interest the same can be said for Fendt.

Buyers just dont seem to be overkeen on used JDs unless its 40 or 50 series.

Just my observation.

whenever ive been at Cambridge machinery sale a Valtra with high hours will often start at a higher price than a JD with half the hours, the bidding is lively and attract alot of interest the same can be said for Fendt.

Buyers just dont seem to be overkeen on used JDs unless its 40 or 50 series.

Just my observation.

I would agree with you and it is always overseas buyers who buy the JD's rather than the domestic buyers who buy the Valtra/Fendt etc.