Lakeland Model Farm & Construction Show - Penrith - Sunday 21st Nov 2010

BC

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At 1pm the prize giving took place and Mike Robinson aka robbo from FTF and MF did the honours.

FIRST JUNIORS -    ALFIE THOMPSON

21112010070.jpg

SECOND JUNIORS -    SHANE MASON

21112010071.jpg

THIRD JUNIORS - LIAM    MASON

21112010072.jpg

On to the seniors

FIRST SENIORS -    DAMIAN HAMPSON

21112010073.jpg

SECOND SENIORS -    CLIFFORD BATESON

21112010074.jpg

THIRD SENIORS _-    KENNY BEATON DUMFRIES

21112010075.jpg

whos is the international stall there is what looks to be a IH mccormick 434 on there whos is it  :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :of :of :of :of :of :of :of :of :of :of :of :of :of :of :of :of

Yes there was a McCormick 434, it was a scratch build if I remember rightly, I think it was on a Valtra chassis

Some nice pictures there of what looks to be a great show too... thanks for sharing with us... Is there a picture of the FTF stand  available - or have I not looked properly  :-[???

I have still some to download Mark since it hung last night for some reason. Will add what more I have this afternoon including some more of Damian's stunning exhibit.

I have still some to download Mark since it hung last night for some reason. Will add what more I have this afternoon including some more of Damian's stunning exhibit.

thanks Bill... I'm having a similar problem to you with PB... trying their FTP uploader though now... which seems to be a little better/faster  :-\

Looking forward to those pictures then as well  :P

PB has changed format again Mark but I still cannot get the bulk one to work. never mind I think I've got 115 uploaded now. I need to get the second wash load on and I will be posting.

I had to try and load 2 photos 3 time before they would work :of :of

I'm annoyed with that dirty lens again when I took the 6 winning shots but maybe Andy can do some "magic" on them if he needs them for my show report which I need to write this week.

Some nice pictures there of what looks to be a great show too... thanks for sharing with us... Is there a picture of the FTF stand  available - or have I not looked properly  :-[ ???

The best I got I'm afraid Mark

21112010043.jpg

21112010044.jpg

Another trader ...sorry didn't get name :-[

21112010045.jpg

ditto :-[:-[

21112010047.jpg

Nice to meet you as well John however, you must have the strongest handshake I have ever had,  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Mike ..in Scotland "the other National drink" is Iron Bru....made from girders.... ;D ;D ;D ;D ....I expect John was a bit thirsty on arrival and had a " wee sup o' that"  ;) ;)

A really really nice and rare model did not catch my eye until I spoke to father and son team George and Johnny Milburn from Hexham.

A really nice father and son who invited me to do an article on their vast range of John Deere's which I would love to do but well it's not exactly on my doorstep >:( >:(

Jonathan Pullen aka county999 said they had one of the best collection of John Deere's there was to get and I should speak to them about doing an article for Model Farmer :-\

GOLD JOHN DEERE 5430 (i) SELF PROPELLED SPRAYER

I was so pleased when George gave me three attempts at taking a photo of this rare model..he even tilted it forward and backwards until a fairly decent shot was had and he even offered to remove from the box which I had to say NO NO NO

Anyway here were the three shots I took

21112010076.jpg

21112010077.jpg

21112010078.jpg

Bought for £ 150 after an entry on the internet to buy...well someone has to be lucky given the gold ones were limited to around 10 or 11 :- :-\

Well that's it from me from Penrith for 2010 the nearest model show to us in Scotland so far but well plan's are afoot to have one in Aberdeen or the Shire ;) ;) 

Anyway all in good time but I think a big thank you must go to Harold Powlton and his partner Jane who made this show happen for the fourth year of which I have only attended the last two.

The organisers.....Harold and Jane

21112010080.jpg

In addition another good helper for the show who I have spoken to this year and last  year was Colin Roper from Penrith who works at the centre and drives the minibus and looks after the grounds

Harold said Colin did not want to be caught on camera but well I was trigger  happy and got him ;D ;D ;D ....I do hope Mike or Sharon managed to get him to subscribe to Model Farmer ;) ;)

21112010044.jpg

Well, Frazer and myself had a fantastic time and were really well looked-after - many thanks to Harold and Jane.

A big 'well done' to the prize winners, but congratulations to all the diorama builders - every one was different and the amount of work and detail in each display we unbelievable. Can't wait to see what they all produce for us next time!

(Oh and a huge 'thank you' to Bill for helping unload :-* )

Some of those old saying's are right you know Mike...." the early bird catches the worm" ;D ;D

I had to laugh when Sharon was a bit concerned the table coverings were not ironed.....well after the stall was filled I'm sure no one really noticed....a bit like my newly acquired FTF polo shirt..but me being a shy type decided to keep it covered with my light weight Regatta fleece.....Costco offcourse ;D ;D

Well, Frazer and myself had a fantastic time and were really well looked-after - many thanks to Harold and Jane.

A big 'well done' to the prize winners, but congratulations to all the diorama builders - every one was different and the amount of work and detail in each display we unbelievable. Can't wait to see what they all produce for us next time!

(Oh and a huge 'thank you' to Bill for helping unload :-* )

Well MandyI'm glad you and Frazer enjoyed the show and it was nice to meet you....as for giving a hand well I was doing nought else and well I always like to help folk if I can on the basis that if I help out someone...someone will help me...well it cost's nought to be helpful ;D ;D

Well Done Bill for the pics

Its been a long emotional weekend, but Pammy's Mandy's assets kept us entertained in the evenings  :-*

Thankyou all of you that purchased models off us...not forgetting my loyal sidekick Stevie as Bill rightly pointed out does all the work while I spend the whole 2 days networking  :D :D ;D

Great venue, great location, huge potential just need to spread the word on what a great show it is to get a few more punters through the door,

The Layouts just get better and better and all of you deserved a prize for the hours that were put in...Old ftf favourites Damian/Hazel & Jonathan lead the way as per  ;)

See you all next year  :-*