Ride & Drive day in Marky's carpark the day before Spalding

Lord Ferguson

Happy times hey Nick... that 5445 seems so small now as well...  :of:-[

i was just looking at the wheels, they look like row crop ones.... by the time im next over you will have had another new tractor

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a couple of quick pics but I was so keen to get behind the wheel that I left my camera in the car until just before I left

Aunty Sue got a bit tired  ::) ::)::) ::)

P4100001.jpg

From right to left, Alex (Goon), Tris, Aunty Sue in 'er 'at, Marky in the background, Johns friend (sorry I am useless with names), John (JDC) and Sean showing off the belly

P4100003.jpg

Caption competition time      "I'm sure Maureen was with me when I left Berwick"

P4100004.jpg

Marky and Sue go for a ride

P4100005.jpg

Sorry that all I got  :-[:-[ :-[:-[ :-[:-[

Here's a few I took.......

Marky and Alex (goon) trying to suss out the intricacies of Mavis' hydraulics.

instruction.jpg

Goon going backwards!

alex.jpg

No comment..........

only_a_mother.jpg

Sean & TT agreeing where Marky went - Tris trying to look cool.

went_thataway.jpg

How do I start a massey?

hattie.jpg

don't anybody comment on how clean she was will you  ::)>:(:D :D  .. that took a lot of sweat, elbow grease and tears from lumpy that did

One thing though... I didn't realise how dashingly handsome I was when puckering up for a kiss  :-*:-*  ... you lucky lucky ladies  :-*:-* :-*:-* :-*:-*

One thing though... I didn't realise how dashingly handsome I was when puckering up for a kiss  :-*:-*  ... you lucky lucky ladies  :-*:-* :-*:-* :-*:-*

That reminded me my drains needed cleaning, anyone know where I can get a sink plunger  ;D ;D ;D ;D

That new Massey is a lovely tractor guys (generic term for people, no sexism intended  ::) Legal @ss covered!!  :laugh: ). Even with that super fast and nifty loader on it the visibility is quite astonishing. Lovely airy, open feel to the cab, a big back end with dromone hitch and twin assistor rams... Pokey motor beneath that panel work too. I reckon I'll have to get some ploughing lined up around Marky's and go up for a week  8) 8)

Thanks for the hospitality Mark and for the cakes from your daughter. Nextyear though could you fill in the potholes in the entrance, poor Alex nearly went over the tailboard whilst surfing in the little trailer as we departed in Mavis!!  :laugh: :laugh:

Marky Hattie is a handsome looking beast, the front on shot with the loader down very nice, looks like a good day was had by all, I will have to try and make it next time its not the distance to you as I think its about 30 miles, its my shyness. :'(

Ok - what would help with this? As you know, the resources available on FTF are limitless and amazing.  ;)

Personally, I would recommend one of Aunty Sue's group hugs as a starter ! :)

I think its just meeting new people for the first time, Im ok with Andy as I have spoken with him before, I was a little apprehesive when I first spoke to Tris so I may have come across a bit quiet but, I will wear my newly purchased FTF polo shirt in Oct, so hopefully people will speak to me. Hope to see you there JO, oh and I did breifly speak to Sue but I didn't get a hug. :'(

Wished I had spent more time chatting and looking at the FTF layout, but I was very hot in there dont know why I had my coat on, and I think my nerves were making me sweat a bit, but as I said will grab the bull by the horn's next time and have a proper chin wag, it was very nice too meet you Tris.

Nextyear though could you fill in the potholes in the entrance, poor Alex nearly went over the tailboard whilst surfing in the little trailer as we departed in Mavis!!  :laugh: :laugh:

yeh Marky! Tris and I were only going to pick some salad for the day! trailer surfing is the only way to travel!

thanks for a good day Marky and everyone else i met!

Got to grudgingly admit that red tractor thing is a very very nice tractor.  :D

:P:-*:-* .. so do I book PDC to take me up to yours this year for corn carting then Mr C  :P:-*:-* :-* ... I'm only £30 Per hour (if you supply the diesel)... just imagine what your neighbours would say when they see Hattie rumbling around your farm at warp speed looking all pretty and purposeful  :-*:-* :-*

James jame james....

I have a suggestion... come over here one day when you are free and I'll buy you lunch buddy.. we'll get to know each other then you'll feel more comfortable to come over here on a 'ride & drive day' for next year  ;)  .... we met before at Spalding I am sure of it  :-\

As for you Bill...Pwwwtthhh as Rick would say  >:(

:P:-*:-* .. so do I book PDC to take me up to yours this year for corn carting then Mr C  :P:-*:-* :-* ... I'm only £30 Per hour (if you supply the diesel)... just imagine what your neighbours would say when they see Hattie rumbling around your farm at warp speed looking all pretty and purposeful  :-*:-* :-*

James jame james....

I have a suggestion... come over here one day when you are free and I'll buy you lunch buddy.. we'll get to know each other then you'll feel more comfortable to come over here on a 'ride & drive day' for next year  ;)  .... we met before at Spalding I am sure of it  :-\

As for you Bill...Pwwwtthhh as Rick would say  >:(

ill grain cart for you JDC :P