An Exciting Day......

NewHolland2

Well today started off very normal. I was outside pottering around on the Fergie, giving it a bit of a clean and tightening a few bolts. A local farmer was using his Land Rover and Ifor Williams Live-Stock box to take the sheep out of the Kale field which they occupied over the Winter. Well he was just leaving and driving through the field when the Land Rover got stuck. He tried a few times to get it out but then called me over for a wee chat and guess what - the Fergie was put into action. I took the Fergie into the field and reversed up to the Land Rover. The other farmer hitched a tow rope to the rear of the Fergie and I gently released the clutch from 1st Gear. No luck with 1st as the Land Rover stalled and the wheels just span. 2nd Gear was a bit better with High Revs but I decided to go for 3rd at High Revs and off we went. What a feeling, a 55 Year old Tractor, a couple of months away fom its 56th Birthday towing a 3 year old Land Rover and Ifor Willaism Live-Stco kbox loaded with 50 Sheep...... :) :) :)

So there we are. My wee Fergie has finally performed a bit of work, and well too...... :) :) :)

Afterwards I had a wee blether with them as they got the last few sheep out......

Sound like an episode of Postman Pat.? :)

No doubt you'll be in the P&J soon enough. ;D ;D

You never know Phil...... :D;) ;)

Good work NH, shame there arn't some pics to accompany your tale. Created a picture all by itself though. Thumbs up to the little grey one!!

Cheers Deere-est. I would have liked some pics too, but was too busy to think about the camera...... :D;) ;)

Nice one NH2 can never fault the fergies and its children ;) ;) :D :D

it not so fun when you truning to pull an 18 ton beet trailer full and farsttrac out with my trust jcb 3cx :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

not as much fun pulling the heavier stuff out eg MF 3125 with flotataions and vaderstad drill stuck deep was not fun pulling that out few years back

Well done Martin, your reputation will go out of control now, all the locals will be calling on your help at all times of the day :D;D

Great story? ;)

Cheers Barry. The more the merrier as they say......I'll have to start charging though as I won't be able to afford the petrol...... :D;) ;)

Nice one NH2 can never fault the fergies and its children

Cheers MF Fan. Can't fault the Fergies, don't know about the younger ones though...... :-\ :D;)

i bet you havn't stopped smiling yet ;) ;)

handy thing to have about eh ?

3600 would have struggled....................nay....................... failed? ;):D :D

Yer not wrong Marcus. Almost a permanent smile...... ;) ;)

Very handy. Would have been interesting to compare it to a 3600 right enough...... :)

you'd have had to get grey to pull them both out? :D :D

do you know the chap well ,& did he offer you a job ?

He was only renting out the field from the "real" local farmer. Unfortunately he wasn't there to see me in action......However the Land Rover has to come back to take down all the electric fences so I may be required again...... ;) ;) ;)

I spoke to the him about the sheep a few times though...... :) :) :)

First contributor of the year

then saved the land rovers day

what next ?????????????? ;D

Who knows John...... :D;)

Martin... I think you should try wearing blue tights and put your red pants on over the top from now on. Fergieman and Regan to the rescue !

You could say things like... DON'T THANK ME FARMER STICK IN THE MUD,,, IT'S MY JOB ;)

:D :D :D. Sounds like an good idea Mark, however I think I'll stick to the Boiler Suit, not quite Superman yet...... :D;) ;)

well done NH2!!!!

i was thinking a spelling award John :D :D :D::) ::)::)

Cheers FB...... ;) ;) ;)