What's your latest new Brochure or manual.. list them here...

another impressive lot of old brochures you have gotten there Mark!

busy scanning brochures that got in, in the past two weeks.

the following are quite interesting and rare:

- 1920's Fordson F brochure (USA)

- 1938 Fordson N and Fordson All-around (USA)

- 1940 Ford 9N w/ ferguson system (USA)

- 1942 Ford 9N w/ ferguson system (USA)

post-1571-132639699518_thumb.jpg

post-1571-132639699534_thumb.jpg

post-1571-132639699551_thumb.jpg

post-1571-132639699577_thumb.jpg

no idea how many are out there worldwide.. over 3000 i think... but 5000 would be possible too. The US code system that was used from 1947 up to the 80's with Ford brochures, suggests 9000! brochures, but that is not likely though  ;)

i have two of the tiller brochure, a better one than the one pictured below... i can take them with me to Spalding if you'd like?

There are a whole lot of Ford brochures. I'm screening Ebay for many years now for "unknown" Ford tractor brochures. As far as I know there are more than 1300 different Ford(son) tractor brochures (including County, Roadless and Doe), without difference in language, no implements and New Holland. I don't think there are 9000 in total  ;) , because there are also postcards which are numbered like brochures with a AD-code.

I personally only collect tractor brochures from Fordson until Ford New Holland and conversions. I restrict my collection to brochures written in dutch, french, german and english. I now have 925 different brochures in my collection, and this are my latest three additions.

I'm planning to make a database of all Ford farm brochures that were published all over the world, I'm now busy with the technical preparation.

@Wil, the second Flexible Farming brochure is this a brochure or a magazine?

post-2077-132639701853_thumb.jpg

post-2077-132639701858_thumb.jpg

post-2077-132639701861_thumb.jpg

Ronald... could you make a 'generic' database that we can all use for our own collections.. plllllllllllllllllllease... I'd be happy to suggest some field criteria if I could  :P;)

I already use a local database to organize my collection and generates webpages for my website. The next step is to publish this database on the web. This webbased database could be generic for more brands than Ford by adding a field "brand". But the first step will be to publish my own Ford database, which generates a dynamic website with search possibilities. After that it should be possible for other collectors to add/upload more brochures (with pictures) and complete the database. But please let me know which fields you want to use! It will cost me some time to finish it....

Well thanks to Rory's kind introduction and sniffer dog tracking skills, I have now almost completed my collection of all the (known) MF Worldwide Catalogues produced in the 'glory days'

d3331634.jpg

From left to right...

1970 volumes 1 and NOW volume 2 .... very strangely, I obtained volume 1 from John Farnworth a good while ago.. and married it up with volume 2 last Sunday from John Sellers ... looking at them side by side I sincerely believe they were originally 'married'

White books.. Volumes 1 and 3 of the 1972 version - volume 2 is the only piece now missing from my collection

Then (black books.. well over 600 pages each)

red book... 1975/76 combined

back to black books...

and finally.. red folder is a VERY rare bound version of the 1986 catalogue

I don't know of any other years that were produced.. if anyone does I'd be pleased to hear from them, I suspect if John Farnworth or John Sellers don't have them, then they don't exist.

If my house burned down tomorrow, then these would be the first material objects I'd go back in to try to rescue  :)

Looks by your bookshelf Marky that you're not content to read a book twice, you have to have two copies of each!  ;)

This is my latest aquasition. A very rare item showing the different positions for each of the hydraulic functions and explaining how to use them. Originally it was included with the 16 page Selectamatic range of tractors of which I have already got so this completes the set.

Front.

SelectamaticDialPointer01.jpg

Rear.

SelectamaticDialPointer02.jpg

Mark, maybe you mentioned it before in this subject, but what is documented in these world wide catalogues? All MF equipment that's produced al over the world incl. specs?

I have three new additions to my collection this week:

- french vineyard tractors 2600, 3600 & 4100

- dutch FORD 8100

- dutch FORD 8100, without the standard blue header.... but original and rare

Also found a "Roadless" treasure on Ebay in the USA but not received yet, later more about this one.... ;D:of 

post-2077-132639715963_thumb.jpg

post-2077-13263971597_thumb.jpg

post-2077-132639715972_thumb.jpg

Mark, maybe you mentioned it before in this subject, but what is documented in these world wide catalogues? All MF equipment that's produced al over the world incl. specs? 

Sorry.... I forgot to mention that in my post.. yes they are HUGELY interesting books... each item produced by MF from all over the world in that particular year is documented with the country of manufacture and specification summary for each item. Items such as Cane Harvesters, Peanut shellers/harvesters, air drills etc are all really interesting and totally alien to this corner of the world  :)

I think these were only produced in very limited numbers... the idea, I believe, was to send a copy of the book to each export office around the world.. it maybe that Ford did something similar perhaps  :-\  ... Not many people know of the existance of the MF versions  ???  ... it was Rory who told me about them a couple of years ago I think.

Mark. Have you got a copy of the grey and red hard cover book titled 'Ferguson. The Story Continues'. It's A4 format and is 'an illustrated history'. Author is Max Smith. Produced for Massey Ferguson in 1996 and limited to 100 proof copies.

Well thanks to Rory's kind introduction and sniffer dog tracking skills, I have now almost completed my collection of all the (known) MF Worldwide Catalogues produced in the 'glory days'

d3331634.jpg

From left to right...

1970 volumes 1 and NOW volume 2 .... very strangely, I obtained volume 1 from John Farnworth a good while ago.. and married it up with volume 2 last Sunday from John Sellers ... looking at them side by side I sincerely believe they were originally 'married'

White books.. Volumes 1 and 3 of the 1972 version - volume 2 is the only piece now missing from my collection

Then (black books.. well over 600 pages each)

red book... 1975/76 combined

back to black books...

and finally.. red folder is a VERY rare bound version of the 1986 catalogue

I don't know of any other years that were produced.. if anyone does I'd be pleased to hear from them, I suspect if John Farnworth or John Sellers don't have them, then they don't exist.

If my house burned down tomorrow, then these would be the first material objects I'd go back in to try to rescue  :)

Interesting Mark. What about the national archives for a reference to possible other publications?

http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/a2a/records.aspx?cat=007-trmas&cid=4-1#4-1