Nicks newist tractor, David brown /Case 1390

Kiwi6920

Well i just got talked into buying this tractor, only 4000hrs on the clock, has ahd a hard life tho, engine runs sweet as a nut, clutch is stuck at the moment tho , mainly a cosmetic job with oil leaks and it will be good as new, its cabed with 4wd, been working on it today but didnt have my camrea so will get some pics when i bring it home tomorrow

should look like this when its finshed

mine has a twin crowd loader on it tho

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=236623777

and mine is a lot rougher looking at the moment

looks like a nice addition, still surprises me how much euro spec kit you have over there, looks almost like the uk at times

yeah not helped buy nick having the **** van dyke teach yourself c0ckerney CD playing all the time awright treacle ooooh mary popins  ;D

come on pics please nick  :)

the linkage and rear remote controls and main gear stick

IMG_3234.jpg

the pto, hand brake and range gears

IMG_3235.jpg

range gears are the red handles

and the gear selection chart

IMG_3236.jpg

Next batch of pics will be it in bits.....

well that looks half sensible nick , unless there's someting really wrong it looks to be mainly cosmetic . all white mudguards would make it an 82 onwards ? looks to be the split cab type as well , what year is she nick ?

nice to see the spanner controlled hand throttle, those roll pins were never man enough for the job :(  & a bonus to see an ECU lever that hasnt been snapped off  :)  looks like you'll need a knob for your 4wd lever though  :( 

nice buy & they sound great .

tractor tim's grandad had one but that one suffered from a glazed block , don't know what happened to it  :-\

Thanks MJB, only knowen mechanical prob at the moment is the clutch,  yup she is just a tart up job, im not sure what year it is, havent traced the serial number to the year yet

the new roll pin for the hand throtle will be more than man enough for the job ;)

No chance of me glazing a bore, i work my tractors and i have just found a passion in tractor pulling  8)  i recomend it to any one

just dont drag her down in to high a gear mate , she's only on a 3 bearing crank , too much of that & she'll go bang  :of

Damn, was hopeing it was a 4  bearing crank not a blinking 3 means its in the same book as the 990

pretty sure she is although i may be mistaken  :-\ , i've broke three in the past , one hauling silage & one hauling wheat , both 2wd , & one on a 1210 matter of fact most 4wd 1390 versions were put on loaders ! still lovely little tractors & reasonably cheap over here , they just seem to be a tractor that gets over looked unless of course it's a comemerative  edition 13/14/15/1694 

my old 1494  :)

post-211-132639282648_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Update time, the pics kinda tell the story

IMG_3324.jpg

IMG_3323.jpg

Why have to clutch shafts in to seprate chasis parts??? ??? makes it alot harder than needed to split

IMG_3325.jpg

cab is now ready for the sandblasters

IMG_3331.jpg

IMG_3334.jpg

should get the rear main oil seal, front main oil seal and clucth back on today and get here back as one chassis, the front pully nut had spun itself off for some reason, the bonnet and side panels will also go to the sandblasters this week

woohooo.. where is the tractor mate?  ;):P

you sure are working with the speed of lighting on it, making a thorough revision i see! That platework sure can use a sandblast to make it look as good as new. As long as the engine runs as a clock, you'll be having a very good workhorse and from the looks of it, it will be looking as good as new, when you are done with it.

yeah mate, dont like things sitting in bits to long, cant rember how they go back together then ::) ::)

Im only fixing/replacing what needs to be done, not that much realy but it still takes time and money

Yeah she has been split before, it has a brand new pto clutch in it, she came from a back country farm where they dont respect gear at all, it has 4300 on the clock , she will be a good tractor when its done, she seams to be able to pull so it will be good for tractor pulling comps that i plan on going to

i see the leaky front oil seals are commen problem on these, looks like your front pully seal and right hand front wheel seals leaked a bit erik

Yeah she has been split before, it has a brand new pto clutch in it, she came from a back country farm where they dont respect gear at all, it has 4300 on the clock , she will be a good tractor when its done, she seams to be able to pull so it will be good for tractor pulling comps that i plan on going to

i see the leaky front oil seals are commen problem on these, looks like your front pully seal and right hand front wheel seals leaked a bit erik

Yep the seals leaked a bit, but cheap fix, and seals are readily available  ;)

• 3 months later...

well i had better kick this topic in the guts again, small update... she looks on track for trhe november deadline

Off to the sand blasters we go

IMG_3481.jpg

and what it looked like tonight

IMG_3735.jpg

having issues getting some parts for her but i hope to have the cab on and driving by next weekend, will have a the chassis resprayed by the weeks end