Nicks newist tractor, David brown /Case 1390

Kiwi6920

Cheers lads, just a note, the mud guards only have there 1st coat on and are half sanded back, just put them on to see what they look like.

Mark, these are easy when you get going, its just finding the time and money, its alot easyer when you have a parts book also

more pics in a couple of days

Cheers lads, just a note, the mud guards only have there 1st coat on and are half sanded back, just put them on to see what they look like.

Mark, these are easy when you get going, its just finding the time and money, its alot easyer when you have a parts book also

more pictures in a couple of days

Ah.... the two things I seem to be constantly short of  :-[:D :D :D

Ah.... the two things I seem to be constantly short of  :-[:D :D :D

well get my airline ticket in the mail, ill load up my toolbox and painting gear and ill be your time and you can supply me the money ;D ;D ;D

win win all around i say

wow  lovley machine under rated as opposed to fords and masseys

lovely drive easy to work on what more could you want from a vehicle

im wwould love to tart one up one day the cab looks nice at this stage

is she a hydro or syncro they are both fine if looked after and used proper

the old hydro-shifts

Probably 1983/4, they whent 'magpie', black skid unit, different decals and retained the power red wheels in 1985. Yes, 3 bearing crank slightly beefed up journals but basically a turbo'd 995/6 engine. Any tractor crank are subject to snap if you labour the engine at low revs in a high gear.

She be a syncro, easyer to work on so im told... found my next proget i think... 7210 magnum, she hasnt been looked after cosmeticly but is mint mechanicly and only has 3000hrs... gota go look at her

A Magnum nou you are talking, only 3000 hours ? hard to find a Magnum round these parts with less than 10000 hours

im starting to get excited now, shes coming together prety fast, hope to have her driving by weeks end, need to test the hydros and engine before i do all my panels

IMG_3754.jpg

IMG_3756.jpg

quick coat of fast dry enumal paint on the chassis, will get some more true pics in the day light

cab in my shed now, ready for new clading floor mats and radio

IMG_3750.jpg

new seat sitting in place, im like a kid at xmas now doing this

IMG_3752.jpg

surpose i had better strat thinking about repainting the loader  shortly....

she is getting 18.4 r30 rear pvat wheels put on shortly, need to get a wide boot for pulling and make her more stable for loader work but easy to transport on the truck.

She lives agian!!!!!! was a horid little tart to start but i got there,

IMG_3763.jpg

now to finsh her, looks like i have alot of eletrical work to do now get the glass in her, seat cab linings mud gurads bonnet and pannels and she all done... not much if you say it fast ...

leaps and bounds Nick... she's looking good already mate - will be a show winner when you've finished her I am sure.. thanks for keeping us all updated.  Does she have a name as yet mate... or is that not the done thing over in NZ ???

I'm pretty sure that's just you Marky...  ???  ;)  :laugh:

I love these, our first 'proper' tractor was a 1983 1390, I loved it, till the box went pop.... lovely little tractor to drive... look forward to see you working this one Nick.....  I'm still hoping UH pop one out soon....  :-:)

Thanks pete, ive gone off models and im on the real thing now, could say its more fun....

she will be ready for you to have a play on when you vist  ;) ;)

I hope it's just temporary Nick...what ever you do don't get rid of them mate  :-*:-*

About that NZ visit, i still have that in mind..really mate  ;)

Looking good. A lot easier to rebuild the real thing as the parts are available, models are harder because you have to make them basically from scratch. I'm certain that more D.B models will be produced in the future as this marque has been neglected somewhat, the main reason being licensing, David Brown himself never gave permissions lightly to the toy and model producers unless commissioned by himself personally, perhaps now CNH will look on it more favourably. There were only around 8 different D.B's produced in Sir Davids lifetime.

And not a can of Red Bull in sight!! Where have you found the time to do this so quickly around a full time job and marriage?!! It really does look like a great tractor, Nick and full credit to you. You don't mind getting stuck in do you?

How did the viewing of the next project go?

Its been pretty easy, had the cab at the dairy farm and we had a weeks rain so the cab was shoved in the workshop and done....  i have a very well kitted toolbox so i have every thing i need at home, so just do the mechanics in the evning and days off,

truth be knowen i need her finshed to go tractor pulling in november , but i need to have her out doing some work 1st to learn how to pull the best, plan on shoving one of our 5 furrow ploughs behind her in a couple of weeks, that will teach me how to pull with her.....

Im not realy that happy with the paint work, there are a few small runs and dents that should have been taken out.... BUT this is my 1st real repaint i hav edone so its proberly not that bad n the scale of it all