ciaránscar DOOLEY 20ft grain/silage trailor

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

really nice build mate i see one quite regularly at a farm i deliver to in tenby (wales) & have to say it's a seriously well engineered trailer , there really is nothing lightweight about it , nice touch with the removeable silage sides  :) :)

blimey thats a nice build, certainly not a name i have seen down thisw ay, but a model i would like to own

ha ha you can own it when i sort out how the hell im going to make 100s of them!

and dooley are trying to get into the uk at the moment as MJB1 seid their in Wales, but from talking to dooley when i visited them they say the ones that go to the uk mostly have the up and over tailbords, but they are by fare the best trailer i every drew grass with! even compaired to the KANE! :of

great work glad someones finally doing these

its funny watching a dooley fly past maybe a slight rattle in the back door then you can hear a redrock coming a mile off with its sides nearly falling off only problem is dooley are a wider trailer i believe we still have a timber 15ft dooley thats 20yrs old and not a leak in it great built trailer mind you i wouldnt haul grain with that back door on yours might be short a few ton when you get to the yard  ;D 

is the door a little high up at the back the rubber strip seems very long  ???

great work glad someones finally doing these

its funny watching a dooley fly past maybe a slight rattle in the back door then you can hear a redrock coming a mile off with its sides nearly falling off only problem is dooley are a wider trailer i believe we still have a timber 15ft dooley thats 20yrs old and not a leak in it great built trailer mind you i wouldnt haul grain with that back door on yours might be short a few ton when you get to the yard  ;D 

is the door a little high up at the back the rubber strip seems very long  ???

i always thougth the dooley had the loudest rattel ::) use to hit pot holes just to hear the rattle  ::) ::):P

ha ha ya the back door is a bit off but the other 1 i have made is spot on even has the ladder on the front!

14" is how long the rubber is on the real 1, the two tail bords are a bit narrow as i mesed up the drawings

but should have pictures of the 2nd one next week and you will see the diferanc ;)

but they are by fare the best trailer i every drew grass with! even compaired to the KANE! :of

better than a kane  :of :of  ............... you're irish right ?................................ hope you got a tin hat  ;D ;D

ha ha you can own it when i sort out how the hell im going to make 100s of them!

you best make a 2nd master for the casters & then you have 2 choices  sell them as finished , or sell as a DIY kit  :)

really like the removeable silage sides , although , the standard height  trailer looks hight enough as it is !

yeat another great trailer from a forum member  :)

better than a kane  :of :of  ............... you're irish right ?................................ hope you got a tin hat  ;D ;D

you best make a 2nd master for the casters & then you have 2 choices  sell them as finished , or sell as a DIY kit  :)

really like the removeable silage sides , although , the standard height  trailer looks hight enough as it is !

yeat another great trailer from a forum member  :)

dam right im IRISH ;D ;D havent a clue what you are on about with the tin hat :-\

"the standard height  trailer looks hight enough as it is"  no way ! when you load them up for the long draw you fit twice as much in  ::) ::)and it dose be fair high! ;D

not shure about casting them! mite get them injection moulded... and the DIY kit is not a bad idea ;)  thanks MJB1

dam right im IRISH ;D ;D havent a clue what you are on about with the tin hat :-\

the enthusiasm some of your bretheren have, the kane is the trailer of all trailers & whoa betide anything else that can haul silage  ;D ;D  especially the half a pipe one  ;D

the enthusiasm some of your bretheren have, the kane is the trailer of all trailers & whoa betide anything else that can haul silage  ;D ;D  especially the half a pipe one  ;D

ha ha dont mind them they never had a dooley behind them  ::) dooley is a foot higher and and can take some good old irish abuse  :P :P

ha ha ya hapend the lads i work with 1 day on the side of a steep hill... bad tyres on the Dooley 1 with a slow picture and you'r man drove into a hole at speed blow the other 1 and over she went . got the loader puled it back 2 new tyres and away with us  ;D trailer was perfect ???

never came close to it other then that! and i drive it like I'm late for mass :P