silage is on

Tractorman810

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Seen a few trailed and self propelled gangs working on the way to and from work this week but no photos.

But did snap a contractors jd 6330 premium and lely wrapper working in the fields behind our garden this morning.

jd6330p001.jpg

jd6330p003.jpg

Some fantastic photographic contributions in this thread and a very interesting selection of equipment, do like the sight of the the reverse drive Fendt not something you see that often. There was a while back in the area I live a chap near York operating a reverse drive yellow Marshall/Steyr D100 series tractor only saw it once in the flesh on the road about 5 years ago not sure if it's still around though. 

Some fantastic photographic contributions in this thread and a very interesting selection of equipment, do like the sight of the the reverse drive Fendt not something you see that often. There was a while back in the area I live a chap near York operating a reverse drive yellow Marshall/Steyr D100 series tractor only saw it once in the flesh on the road about 5 years ago not sure if it's still around though.

I think he now operates a reverse drive fendt if its the same bloke, one cut our neighbours maize a few years back.

started chopping at 4:30 am  10:30 am chopper coughed and died. had a claas 950 out till the other is fixed :P  she is some machine.

the boss came down to the farm on the ford 7840 2wd with the 16 ton horn silage trailer got a full load on then got stuck in the gateway ::)

terex t250 blew a oil pipe so we gave up just hasnt been our day to day.

so about 38 acres tommorow morning if all things go well :-\

some cracking pics in here lads keep them coming , so much better seeing them all in one topic rather than lots of separate ones , got to say noel, those last few pictures are the best so far , got a bit os everything in them & not all brand new 150HP+ machines. contractors pics are really good , but hold no story to the scene where as the smaller plodders & proper workaday hero's !

i'm really liking the 1594 on the rake & the 76 is also soldiering on nicely  :)

You've some healthy grass on your side of the water, Noel. Are there a lot of new leys in the job this year? I do like that shot of the Claas gear almost silouetted against the patchy sky and the what looks to be, a very well loved Winner.

Thanks Everyone for the kind comments. GRASS FEVER has well and truly hit over here  :D

Have covered a LOT OF MILES in the last week to snap them all. this week will more than likely see the end of the first cut, still a few more boys to catch, watch this space...

Loving those last few there Noel.

Good to see you got a few terracottas in also :D

I cant take the credit Bigfoot was with us and he knew that they might be lifting silage, he said i might have a surprise for you, as soon as we went into the field i knew straight away. Could have happily stayed there all day, but had others to snap.

I'm still learning how to use this camera, the good sunny days make it all the more easier to get a better shot. Got a tripod now, so maybe a few more less shaky shots  ;D

Hope to get a few more shots end of this week start of next if the weather comes in good.