Massey Ferguson 7499 to land in UK next week

typical, arrives when i am away ;D ;D  will wait to get the dealer box version anyway

mind you didnt uh get into hassel after they realeased the normal box ones before the dealer ones with the 5480 and combine????? same with the 16th 135  to ,well so i was told,usally its dealer version out first

ive done it on lots of my 6490s and 7495s etc and i found it not an easy job,first you have to extend them out,then isopon the joint (a lot of sanding to get this right),then mask out the entire floorpan making sure not to miss one little bit,then primer and paint,now my concern is What happens if my genuine mf red is a different colour to UH ,s bonnet,that would mean stripping the bonnet and repainting adding new decals etc....no i definately wont be taking on this job as what a customer may see as simple could turn into a half day job before painting,just to correct something that uh should have done in first place.good tractor apart from that mind

ive done it on lots of my 6490s and 7495s etc and i found it not an easy job,first you have to extend them out,then isopon the joint (a lot of sanding to get this right),then mask out the entire floorpan making sure not to miss one little bit,then primer and paint,now my concern is What happens if my genuine mf red is a different colour to UH ,s bonnet,that would mean stripping the bonnet and repainting adding new decals etc....no i definately wont be taking on this job as what a customer may see as simple could turn into a half day job before painting,just to correct something that uh should have done in first place.good tractor apart from that mind

well heres one worry off your hands bor uh use the same paint as massey

sounds weird brian but try "plasti coat" red paint, its areosole as well as brush on, i used it on a uh mf 5480 when i gut the rear mudguards off, and its a perfect match to the red uh use ;)  found out by accident when i tried a brush on tin to paint something else well worth a terst yourself to see what you think

What happens if my genuine mf red is a different colour to UH ,s bonnet,that would mean stripping the bonnet and repainting adding new decals etc....

On the 35, 135 and 590 the UH red is different to genuine MF Super Red;  the Stoneleigh grey is way off too. On some models the parts vary in colour too.

On the 35, 135 and 590 the UH red is different to genuine MF Super Red;  the Stoneleigh grey is way off too. On some models the parts vary in colour too.

Newer models (grey chasis new models...) are a new MF red called MF 50th red  ;)

Im not sure they need yo be flared wheel arches, not all MFs have them and personally I think they look better without flares ;D  The old Maxxum 5100s had same style and even then I didnt like them.  But more to point I see plenty with the standard sets and you can see pics of a brand new 10 regd MF6499 with wide tyres on bensagri photos working in April just go search it out it looks ace. Also one of the Biggest single farm buyers in recent years of big MF6400s (6485,90,95,97) has been the vesty family near Haverhill in west suffolk and all the fleet to my knowledge come on narrow mudguards and except for 6485s they have 42" rear rims same as 7499 model.  Im buying two of these if they are as good as they look and I will look to change decals of one to maybe 6490 and all it needs then is to file down baraxle in rear wheel centre as only 97,99 models have these in UK.

The danger with changing mudguards is the paint colour wont match and it will look crap!! Also it will be, as said very time intensive and therefore bloomin expensive ;)