Big A 4500 & 3500

My new project, FINALY not a Veenhuis ( it was about time  :laugh: )

There is a contractor near by that runs a couple of Big A's, I was at a model fair a moths ago someone sold me 3 brochures of Big A equipment. So i started the build of the biggest one. the 4500 yesterday. The cab is a bit of a problem. is has some round shapes in it that are pretty hard to build out of poly. I used some poly piping, but it's still not how i want it to be. Anyway, the photos

A photo of the real machine.

biga45007.jpg

and the 1:32 scale model 4 wheel steering and a hand build V8 engine.

69141635.jpg

17018035.jpg

34251095.jpg

49355318.jpg

The cab problem is sorted out already. were going for a more high tech way of building for the cab.

Yes Wil, i got started on it pretty soon. Thanks for those brochures again!

To bad Tris, i won't build that Terra Gator. There are 3 modelbuilders here in the area, Ronnie Post, who is all so a member on this forum. he is the tractor, and SPFH builder of the 3, Than we got Richard van der Veen, he builds Verveat, Vredo an Terra Gator self propelled manure spreaders. and the thired, myself, i build Veenhuis machines and USA style models. like this Big A spreader. We all build in our own area of models, and we help eachother out were ever we can. Than there a fourth party, Johan Bos, he does a lot of CNC milling for the 3 of us out of poly. and is our R&D department so to speak  :laugh:

Time for an update  :)

i started building the smaller 3500 as well. She's 73cm shorter in wheelbase than the 4500 ( 3.73 - 3.00 m ) This model also has a differtent bonnet and different stairs and platform where the cab sits on. Both machines are fully build out of poly, except for the siku tires and Joal steeraxles.

23028690.jpg

I'm gonna build the 3500 with a Barber Engineering fertilizer spreader with a 40 ft boom. The boom folds the same way as the real deal.

99898043.jpg

59395673.jpg

and folded up

57271682.jpg

89589660.jpg

Time for an update. The manure spreader for the 4500 is finished. Only some small details to add. You can get those manure spreaders in allmost every color, I had some left over NH blue, i think it will look pretty good with the yellow machine.

89193707.jpg

16891646.jpg

66996024.jpg

The convayer is all made of poly. small 1x1mm profiles glued on a 0.5 piece of sheet poly. Looks like the real deal  ;)

That's a silage truck Tris. A cheap toytruck in 1:32 scale completely rebuild with some added details. I'm allso rebuilding a Claas Jaguar 900 green eye in USA style. and a silage box for behind a tractor you can see in the back. I'll make a topic when the models are finnished  ;)

dsc00282as.jpg

I gues i found a couple of your Youtube movies Lawesy.

I did some detailing tonight. They just turned out great. I used a different kind of paint from Motip. It's a bit more expensive, but it gifs a superb result i think.

Both the 4500 & 3500

10639040.jpg

The 4500

64016697.jpg

65875667.jpg

And the smaller 3500

80548565.jpg

18607831.jpg

Good work Geoff, but I told you tonight when I was at your place to take a look at them live.

In a few days I will post mine Big A 3500 also here, this one is almost finished, needs only a paint job.

Geoff and I built this machines together, and in the post above where a link to a New Leader fertilizer spreader.

That's funny, because I built last week a New Leader spreader fore the Big A 3500. ;)

Ronnie