britains massey 7480

my 7480 came today,very happy with it, linkage works fine,no scratches,just sorry there are no  cab roof beacons,coreys post said he struggled to get the cab off,could somebody tell me if the cab is supposed to come off,mine seems well and truly fastened

Yes it does come off  ;)

nice model but dont like the hitch, holds up well, but on some implements it wont put the implement low enough to the floor.

I find this a hard criticism and I know you're not the only person to make it, Mike. Given the amount of brands, each one producing tractors and also machinery, you won't get every implement to work perfectly with every tractor. Fustrating as it is, I don't think it can be marked as a negative, for any brands' products.

Two interesting comments/views above....

I wonder....

Humm... perhaps for a full evaluation of a new model FTF should devise an 'industry standard' test for a model... via the deployment of a pre-selected number of mounted and, perhaps trailed implements. Oooo 'ark at me  :of:-[

One to test the height raised and lowered at the back of the implement (say a plough of some type)

One to test the strength of the hitch/weight of the machine perhaps (say a heavy or long mounted implement of some kind.. perhaps a plough again)

One to test the drawbar clearance and fit of a trailed implement perhaps..

Just a thought... but it would make for a good comparison chart for any new tractor to the market in terms of functionality

or every model making brand should all put the same hitch on the tractor, and use the same hitch on the implements. also mount the hitch on the tractor the same distance from the ground, do some fine adjustments and you could have it sorted  :-\ but then again there all out to beat each other so its all pie in the sky

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Im struggleing to get hold of this model  :(

Can anybody point me in the right direction?

I know there are some on ebay but would prefer to buy from a shop or fair.

Thanks in advance

give martyn reeve of martyns farm models a call  he has several in stock

richard

• 4 months later...

I Purchased one of these today, was any one else a bit disapointed with the turning radius??? Mudgaurds looked a bit to high as well until a bit of google images research showed them to be correct.....

I Purchased one of these today, was any one else a bit disapointed with the turning radius??? Mudgaurds looked a bit to high as well until a bit of google images research showed them to be correct.....

Right then mate, well i had that same problem with both a new holland t7060 and my jcb 7230, but the way i solved it was underneath the front axle there is a hook of some sort which is used so that when you move the wheels it turns the wheel in the cab, if you cut that off or file it right down it should make the front axle move much more freely  ;)

Mind you, i havent seen the front axle on a 7480 so i'm not sure it might be different but i would've thought it would be the same, if you can't get the front axle off the tractor itself it might be a bit awkward you just have to cut it very careful with a small saw which is what i had to do with the 7230, with the t7060 you can actually take the front axle off so it makes it much easier.

• 10 months later...

Anyone got some hints on how to get the cab off & add a driver figure? Seems like a finishing touch it desperately requires but I don't want to orce anything & break it.

You have to prise up and remove the bonnet,95% chance the two lugs that hold it on will break away from bonnet leaving you with two holes in it to repair.

It didn't matter with mine as I was converting it and repainting so I repaired it.PDC said to me he didn't get many off in one piece either.