My Farm Machinery Pictures

CMB

I'm still taking pictures of tractors and machinery I see (though nowhere near as many as when I was younger) but I need an outlet not having a printer for my current camera, so I'll put a few in this topic. It'll be in chronological order where possible.

I'll try to post a few movies as well but it takes so bloody long to upload to Photobucket it may be too much bother.

Anyway, to start 2 of the 3 machines I learnt in May 2009 near Cirencester (it feels so long ago.... ::) )

The biggest machine I've driven thus far a New Holland 8340:

NH2.jpg

NHcab.jpg

MF 690, a great little tractor

MF6902.jpg

MF690rear-1.jpg

The other was a Case 4210 4wd but I neglected to take photos of that for some reason.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice pictures CMB, thanks for sharing, the countys have had a hard life, but it proves there strength, I dont think a modern tractor would still be working in those conditions when and if it gets to their age. The 690 and the Ford both look very tidy.

Nice pictures CMB, thanks for sharing, the countys have had a hard life, but it proves there strength, I dont think a modern tractor would still be working in those conditions when and if it gets to their age.

Yeah their ruggedness suits the terrain they operate in, though some of the slopes around there were amazingly steep, you've got to have nerves of steel where they work!

The 690 and the Ford both look very tidy.

I expected nothing less, the College look after thier machinery :angel:

hi ..those countys and 4000 skyline ..did they belong to a welsh lad called eifion jones, a  big lad

Sorry mate no idea, they could well have done. When I'm next up there I'll be sure to mention those names if I see them again.

• 2 months later...

JCB Loadall busy in the fields below us this morning. The farmer usually come with his fence repair kit in the grain bucket when there has been a furious gale and the cows have escaped into the wood; the last 24 hours has seen big branches and even trees down so he went in with the log grapple:

JCB1.jpg

A swamp has developed after a tree fell a number of years back and dammed up the streams that feed the river Frome in the valley below. I'm surprised they haven't removed it yet.

JCB2.jpg

JCB3.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Machinery I snapped from the previous Saturday's Cotswold Show in Cirencester Park. Most of the newer kit is from the local Lister Wilder dealer in Ciren.

SuperMajor.jpgWellpolished35x.jpgMF65onanancientthresher.jpgTEFergie.jpgMasseydrill.jpgMF735combine.jpgMF7352.jpg

Modern stuff now:

415:

Fendt415.jpg

824:

Fendt824.jpg

936:

Fendt936.jpg

There were two Caterpillar Challengers at the show, first the "smaller" of the two:

CatChallenger.jpg

And the biggie:

BiggerofthetwoCats.jpg

Kubotas:

Kubotas.jpg

7499:

7495.jpg

And their biggest Massey, this 8670:

8670.jpg

Some very tidy implements were on show as well.

Kverneland Actiroll 630:

KVActiroll630.jpg

KV-Taarup feed wagon:

KV-Taarupfeedwagon.jpg

KV 7-furrow behind the Fendt 936:

KV7-furrowplough.jpg

KV PB100 6-furrow behind the 7495::

KVpb1006-furrowreversible.jpg

Archived