My Farm Machinery Pictures

CMB

th_trattoriNewHollandcrawlerTK80Ma_zpsda This NH crawler was one of two machines in the grounds of the hotel, which was also a farm. TK80Ma.

th_TrattoriNHTK4050MampFiat805CUSE_zps1e In front: NH TK4050M (00's). At the back: Fiat 805c (70s/80s?)

th_TrattoriNHTK4050MampFiat805CcrawlerUS Another of the 805c.

th_AgricolturacattleunblurredUSE_zpsa355 A popular breed of cattle in the region, Isola Chianina.

th_fieldmarkerUSE_zpse7ef2718.jpg Saw a lot of markers similar to this, not sure of their function though.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

they do like there crawlers out there don't they chris , I tend to find it hard to spot much in the way of tractors when I go to Italy its usually crawlers which I haven't got a clue about make and model wise , and the odd vineyard / orchard mini tractor

Very nice Chris! Absolutely fantastic array of tractors and machinery you've captured over there, looks like you had a great time. How i'd love a tour around with my camera in that part of Europe. Especially to see all of those steel track crawlers. :)

Thanks David. You'd be in your element, the light is fantastic  8)

• 4 months later...

I've been busy at a couple of solar farms over the past month and managed to snap some of the machinery working around me. The first (now complete) site was near Chewton Mendip, north-east Somerset, next to a busy stock (pig/sheep/other) farm that had four or five large slurry tanks. There were tanker trucks constantly coming in to fill them so I think the farmer had some deal going where he stored other farms' slurry. 

IMG_3546_zps2d459c46.jpg

IMG_3545_zpsc216c3fc.jpg

IMG_3559_zps2e88427c.jpg

IMG_3523_zps3e229041.jpg

IMG_3526_zpsbc28b824.jpg

IMG_3600_zpsade658e6.jpg

IMG_3565_zps8f4ad9da.jpg

Rigid red Portequip trailer made by Newton Stewart. Nice and long but it took a real battering and has been de-hired.

IMG_3584_zps54459fb3.jpg

One of the preferred rides on site mainly due to its cab comforts and auto hitch which is a must with the trailers.

IMG_3509_zps2228d7fb.jpg

Turning our trusty trailer in the road that the handlers were restricted to. In the field the mud was knee deep!  :of

IMG_3535_zps4250632c.jpg

Apologies for this being out of focus, but I was quite taken with this nifty bale shredder the farmer was using to feed his lambs and this is the only shot I took of it.

Now onto a new site a little closer to home, Long Newnton dairy farm on the Gloucestershire/Wiltshire border. Just as muddy and chaotic, but minus the pig muck mixed in.

IMG_3602_zps5fff619d.jpg

IMG_3603_zpsc4874810.jpg

One of several 6480s I've noticed passing through.

IMG_3611_zps275d4286.jpg

New Holland telehandler driven by a friendly farmer. Unusual to see these (I think they're basically re-badged Matbros or something) so I'll try and get a closer shot.

IMG_3614_zpsadc4486d.jpg

There are various machines zipping to-and-fro to a massive manure pile, like this TM155, but unfortunately I had to take them on my new mobile as my camera was lost at the time, and it won't let me upload them to this desktop Mac  >:( I'll try and snap them on my (now found) digicam if I have a moment.

Yuk, bet you've have had enough of the mud by now

Yes! I'm having to hand rinse an item of clothing every day (before machine washing it), and the wet weather is set to continue it seems!  >:(

nice pictures Chris,the 3rd picture why is he spraying the trees?

Good question! I suspect that due to the heavy rain we've been having, he's been struggling to dispose of all the slurry that's quickly filling the silos hence spraying it over anything he can. Alas most of this just drained off and into the solar field  :(

Cracking pictures chris, is the solar farm at Pickfrods? Along with another one next door ?

Brian Pickford is the farmer I think yes. Again yes, there is also a site adjacent to this one constructed by another company.

IMG_3509_zps2228d7fb.jpg

Turning our trusty trailer in the road that the handlers were restricted to. In the field the mud was knee deep!  :of

I would NOT like to have been in that golf buggy when it went under the mud   ;D ;D ;D

Archived