• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Proper boxy-looking tractor is the Zetor Crystal:

Crawlingupthelaneinhigh3.jpg

Dash is a bit messy:

8045dashboard.jpg

Bottomlevertoboostspeed.jpg

The handbrake cable came loose so it had to be stopped in gear. Tough old thing though, I'm sure it will still be chugging away in 20 years.

my uncle had one chris,years ago,cant remember the model,but do remember the cab was huge,no lack of space for your dinner bag in there mate

My detritus was added to the farmers' Paul and there was still acres to spare! Would have killed for air conditioning though. It had a working radio but you couldn't hear the bleeding thing when the engine was running :laugh:

We lifted the rack from the back of this single axle trailer to make it easier to load/unload:

Tieingupwithatruckersknot.jpg

And the completed stack, 1000-something in number just filling a bay:

Balestack.jpg

The rich green bales (and the heaviest) came from permanent pasture, the lighter green ones are from year-old seeded grassland (rye etc). I hope the sheep appreciate our efforts this winter!

hi chris. i used to drive the smaller zetors - 70hp in my youth. these had loaders on , but without a rear counter ballance it could easily tip on to 3 wheels :- .or maybe it was down to the steep ground we have on the north pennines. still they did the job!

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

A local contractor was out in his favourite Massey lugging a small amount of sheep muck from the farm across the way. The spreader is a 12 tonne K- Two Duo and one of the biggest trailers you can fit down our lane and be able to turn. He told me he had an even larger 14 ton spreader being repaired.

ChrisHarrisonwK2Duo120012tonne116m3_zps6

4ok_zps770eeab5.jpg

2morecolour_zpscc45739a.jpg

Nice pictures Chris, good to see the 2640 getting a good work out

He seems to be using that one constantly Bob I dread to think how many hours it's racked up!

He seems to be using that one constantly Bob I dread to think how many hours it's racked up!

Would like to see more of this red woman in action if you can get pics Chris

Would like to see more of this red woman in action if you can get pics Chris

I'll keep an eye out. I might have some older pics too.

• 5 months later...

I was holidaying in Tuscany a week ago (my first visit) and while I was there I endeavoured to photograph the Italian machinery I could (as well as the usual stuff), and here are a few examples;

It was the middle of primary cultivations and a lot of the landscape looked like this:

th_Agricolturaearthland_zps41b72a41.jpgth_Agricolturaearthfield_zpsd6c96fa2.jpgth_AgricolturaearthUSE_zpsfb9cca2d.jpg

The fields are vast and, where I was staying, very steep, but would later be divided to plant olive or grape rows (although I saw acres and acres of sunflowers and other crops on flatter land).

th_Agricolturafarm88-95visible_zpsdbd3a3th_Agricolturacrop_zps3c4e05a5.jpgth_Agricolturabales_zps103812e7.jpg

(apologies if a few are out of focus as they were taken from a speeding car)

I saw a LOT of crawlers as these seemed to offer particularly good traction on the slopes, as well as 80's Fiats. Not many Same-Deutz tractors though and perhaps there weren't many local dealers offering these.

th_TrattoriSAMEKrypton105maybecroppedUSE The one Same I captured, probably a 105 Krypton crawler with discs.

th_trattoriLamborghinic66464hpearly-mid9 I saw a number of these Lambo crawlers tucked away in barns,but this is the only one I got up close to.

th_trattoricase685xl69hp_zpsdfd75ed1.jpg One of several Case tractors near my hotel, the other (bigger and newer) was too far.

th_trattoriFiat-AllisAD91975-197999hp_zp A product of one of the less successful mergers Fiat was part of (Allis Chalmers), a Fiat-Allis AD9 made from '75-79.

th_trattoriFiat-AllisFA20200maybe_zps4e3 Fiat-Allis FA-20/FA-200??

th_trattoriZetorUSEMAYBE2_zps47e13982.jp Zetor?

th_combineAL59dealersservice_zpsc1cf25b3 One of several combines I photographed on my travels, this is a self-levelling New Holland AL-59 from the mid-late 90s.

th_trattoriJohnDeere6920S160hp6-cyl59t_z John Deere 6920s busily working a way a few 100 yards from the hotel.

th_trattoriJohnDeere6920Srear1chiselplou I think he's using a chisel plough, presumably to prevent soil being displaced by mouldboards?

th_trattoriJohnDeere6920Srear4_zps56b39b

th_trattoriJohnDeere6920SperspectiveUSEm The field he was working away at was large, at least 100 acres

th_trattoriJohnDeere6920d69Mouldboardplo He was still working away days later.

th_TrattoriLandiniorchardVineyardtractor Small orchard/vinyard machine, I think a Landini 75F/75V Advantage '97,98 (or a very similar R60v or 7530). 

th_trattoriLandiniTrekker100nearGOODUSE_ Happily for me this machine appeared near the hotel on the day before I left.

th_trattoriLandiniTrekker100greendiscsVE It's a 92hp Landini Trekker 100. 

th_trattoriLandiniTrekker100crawler385to Tandem x-discs trailing a chain harrow.

th_trattoriLandiniTrekker100Landinidisch

th_trattoriFiat160-55or180-55crawlermayb Big Fiat 160-55 or 180-55 from the mid-80s.

Great pictures Chris very intresting seeing how its done in diffrent countrys and what they grow!

That one you thought maybe a Zetor looks like a Same Silver

Thanks Cerin glad you like them. You might be right about the Same Silver, shame I couldn't zoom in closer. 

th_trattoriFiat88-954USE_zpsf55d0fe4.jpg Another local find, I think it's a Fiat 88-95 from the late 80s.

th_trattoriFiat88-951USE_zps99f71aff.jpg Pulling a Gaspardo drill.

th_TrattoricrawlerIHorFiat_zpsfff27cde.j No idea what make of crawler this is?

th_TrattoriFiat70-66DTUSE_zps34be2806.jp Lovely little 70-66DT carrying mattresses.

th_TrattoriFiat70-66DTUSE_zps9cb060ba.jp

th_TrattoriFiatG210driveby_zps3afeb68d.j Big 90's beast this, a G210 ploughing the headlands, very pleased with this "drive-by" photo.

Archived