the new imber 6640

Manor Farm

i have not got an imber ford yet :-[ so i was wondering what one you guys think i should get??

5640 or 6640 when it comes out

i want a 2wd version i know that much

It depends on which model you have an affinity with but the choice, as they say, is yours.......However, if you are after a 2wd 5640 then be quick as the last I heard they were almost sold out.

It depends on which model you have an affinity with but the choice, as they say, is yours.......However, if you are after a 2wd 5640 then be quick as the last I heard they were almost sold out.

cheers robbo

might go 6640 when it comes out in 2wd then

Let it not be forgotten that this is a forum and as such critical posts should be as welcome as positive posts as both encourage healthy debate. I am not about to change so think of me as the forums simon cowell if you must ;D  Praise only when it is truly deserved!

I am still amazed that Imber started off with the ranges smallest seller 5640 and not the 7740 which I still see in numbers on the fens!

I dont know if Farmmodels have permission to reproduce these models in New Hollands darker blue colours but it would make the 6640 more collectable if they could ;)

Personally I was never a big fan of the 40series as for me they lacked the charisma of the 10 series they replaced but having said that I will find a place for a big tyred version 8340 when they get round to making that model in about 5 years time ::)

Good points Bluegreen.

But if any of us were in Steves position and was looking for as many sales as possible from all models we would have started with the lesser 5640 knowing that sales would be guaranteed from just the WOW factor  ;)

I'm glad they are producing the whole of the 40 series.....even if it is just a "decal change" from the 5640 to the 6640.

Could i ask those that know......for the model to not be what is viewed by some as just a "decal change", how you can produce a 5640 and a 6640 model tractor without doing just a "decal change"?

I believe that the 1/32 engine that is in the 6640 model does actually produce 10 more horsepower than the 5640, so therefore is not just a "decal change".  :laugh:  :-X

Did Ford make a 7640?

No it was the 7740 ;)

The range was 5640, 6640, 7740, 7840, 8240, and 8340

Ive seen parts available for Ford 7640??

Muffler on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Ford-New-Holland-5640-6640-7640-Muffler-/320517403638

Tappet http://www.tractorsparesdirect.co.uk/index.php?app=gbu0&ns=catshow&ref=Ford-7640&sid=jpg6946k113lk85uv23cxkd652w9av0d

perhaps barry the 7640 available in the usa only,not sure,but definately not available in the uk

Google turns up nothing for a 7640... could be a typo or misplaced assumption on the part of whoever has made the entry... I've never heard of one, and like to think of myself as something of a Ford nerd....  :-[

The power difference between the 5640 & 6640 was just pump settings... the 7740 was the same thing with a turbo, as previous 5610 / 6610 & 7610's....

exactly my thoughts!

It's nice to have a 5540 but who knows there might be a bloke or two out there that would prefer to have a 6640 or maybe even both !!

I don't have an imber ford as of yet,only a ros nh t7070,but I saw the prototype 4wd 5640 on show at the last toytrac and was really impressed.

I'm all for decal changes as long as each model in the range that gets redecaled has the same dimensions as to what the cast/mould is based on,otherwise its not realistic.

And looking at what imber models are releasing I see no reason to be critical as 5640 and 6640 are the same dimension ::)

I'm hopeing that imber will release a nh decaled 2wd 6640 as the farmer two doors on from me came past this afternoon hauling a brand new marston flatbed fully laden with small hay bales.

• 5 months later...

Just to inform members that with great reluctance we have today increased the Suggested Setail Price (SRP) of the Imber Models range to £50.00

This is coincidental with the raise in VAT.  The reason for the increase is that from the outset we have tried to keep the models as affordable as possible whilst striving to achieve the greatest detail and quality.  When we launched the model this meant that at £45.00 our resellers were on a very reduced margin; with the increase in VAT their margins would be eroded even further and hence the price rise.  Even at the current price the margin is less than normal.

Posting this here so that people will understand the reason behind the increase.