the new imber 6640

Manor Farm

Only change Decals? ??? ? :'(

My point exactly!  Only change one number on decal and you guys are gonna rush to buy it!

Pointless!

I accept that Farmmodels have put an immense amount into what is a decent model, and marketed different colours, options, accessories etc.. but decal changes are just milking things too far >:(  They could have chosen the two best sellers 6640 short & 7840 long wheelbase models and produced them in ford & new holland liveries ;)  that would have been more than good enough!

I think as is always the case when developing models, those making them need to be efficient with the tooling, plus with the Fords, its an authentic series being produced.

i can see where bluegreen is coming from,uh and britains and others get slagged off on here for just redecaling a model,loads of members on here say so,but because its a ford or made by farmmodels ,this seems acceptable,,personally,i have never moaned about different model variants,but dont have double standards,again,as ive said, in real life, manafacturers do this anyway,some times the only difference is the hp output,look at the new fastrac 7000 series,exactly all the same dimensions,but if britains redecaled there current 7230 for a 7270 there would be a right outcry

My point exactly!  Only change one number on decal and you guys are going to rush to buy it!

Pointless!

I accept that Farmmodels have put an immense amount into what is a decent model,  They could have chosen the two best sellers 6640 short & 7840 long wheelbase models and produced them in ford & new holland liveries ;)  that would have been more than good enough!

and if they had have done that i bet it would have cost more to buy,and that would have been wrong to????, we may slag uh ect off, but they have way more finacial clout than farmmodels, they could afford to do a run of x and thats it, no decal swaps or colours,which we all know happens already, far easier than these guys can, if they dont do a run of everything i bet they would prob loose money on the whole venture or it would not have even gone ahead at all, i dont like all the different versions uh do or britains, but would much sooner see a smaller guy do it and get what we want as collectors, afterall as we keep saying on ftf , if you dont like it dont buy it !!!!!  no ones making you

and if they had have done that i bet it would have cost more to buy,and that would have been wrong to? ??? , we may slag uh ect off, but they have way more finacial clout than farmmodels, they could afford to do a run of x and thats it, no decal swaps or colours,which we all know happens already, far easier than these guys can, if they dont do a run of everything i bet they would prob loose money on the whole venture or it would not have even gone ahead at all, i dont like all the different versions uh do or britains, but would much sooner see a smaller guy do it and get what we want as collectors, afterall as we keep saying on ftf , if you dont like it dont buy it !!!!!  no ones making you

all im saying sean is in your  own argument,you dont like britains or uh doing it but dont mind others,and in my post,what farm models are doing is right as i believe the 5640 and the 6640 are the same size,just different in height because of the different tyres,i think the 7740 is the same size as well,so all you need is a decal change,its horses for courses mate

yes its the same pratice, but no big company took a 40 series ford/ nh on,uh ,rc2, ertl, siku, wiking,  they could have afford to do just a 7740 and a 8340,give the collector what they wanted, thats it, this smaller company took a hell of a risk, and the only way to make it work is milk the cast and parts , i wouldnt put all my money into a model like this without doing that, would any of you???? i chose to buy the variations of the uh/ rc2  mf's, thats the key parts of my collection modern toy wise, but others i leave alone, only buying what catchs my eye from them, i wil lapply the same logic to the imbers to, poss leaving the 6640 out?? maybe i will get one, but at the end of the day no one makes you buy them

yes its the same pratice, but no big company took a 40 series ford/ nh on,uh ,rc2, ertl, siku, wiking,  they could have afford to do just a 7740 and a 8340,give the collector what they wanted, thats it, this smaller company took a hell of a risk, and the only way to make it work is milk the cast and parts , i wouldnt put all my money into a model like this without doing that, would any of you? ??? i chose to buy the variations of the uh/ rc2  mf's, thats the key parts of my collection modern toy wise, but others i leave alone, only buying what catchs my eye from them, i wil lapply the same logic to the imbers to, possible leaving the 6640 out?? maybe i will get one, but at the end of the day no one makes you buy them

yeah,thats what im saying sean,imber models are not doing any thing wrong,the same as other manafactures,getting maximum from one cast,so to speak,and as i said the 5640 and 6640 are the same anyway,but no difference from the other companys either

paul

My point exactly!  Only change one number on decal and you guys are going to rush to buy it!

Pointless!

I accept that Farmmodels have put an immense amount into what is a decent model, and marketed different colours, options, accessories etc.. but decal changes are just milking things too far >:(  They could have chosen the two best sellers 6640 short & 7840 long wheelbase models and produced them in ford & new holland liveries ;)  that would have been more than good enough!

Is it not only a decal change that separates the real tractors apart from beneath the paint work? I don't see this as quite the same as other manufacturers, reason being that they are restricted to a lower production run. What is the difference in selling X amount of models based on one variant or Y models based on two variants of the same range? IM arn't producing tens of thousands of one model and then just reprinting a decal to capitalise on the outgoing models success. I think it is great to see what I hope to become a full range of tractors produced by a single manufacturer. It perfectly mimics the real world which in essence is what half of all model collectors try to do themselves!

Also, why (as a brand new model brand) restrict your outgoings to two models from a range when Europe wide, the 40 series was a huge success and a massively popular tractor? Ford 40 series tractors will be a classics in not too long and have a big following - every other manufacturer has completely missed this. It's popularity as a model is shown by the increased production numbers of the second offering now becoming available.

The next one won't only be a decal change.

You are not wrong in your opinion, as an opinion is not a statement of fact so cannot be judges rightly or wrongly. I just think you're a little harsh in your criticisms of models and manufacturer. Positive posts seem not to come as natural to you as more negative and downwardly judgemental posts.

I don't plan on buying both 2wd, 4wd, SL and SLE versions of the forthcoming 6640 models. But, I can say with absolute certainty by the time one of these models is sat alonsgside my 2wd 5640 SL fitted without engine side panels and just the weight bar, and, the 4wd 5640 SLE fitted with the engine side panels and weight block it will look a good deal different than them, a five to a six, E or without decal change. Afterall what else have I got to play with in box?

I actually think the Imber fords are well worth adding to my collection providing I can afford them I hope to be able to buy 1 model of each version that Imber produce.

They are the best model release in recent years and Imber keep them coming please.

I would like to see a loader on one that matches the detail and quality.

i agree on the loader front mike, that would make a nice set, especially if they could make it removable, even if its the whole frame ect ,would give it  a great added bonus then ,they are halfway there already with the front end mountings, sure a loader could be made to fit onto that easlily enough

i agree on the loader front mike, that would make a nice set, especially if they could make it removable, even if its the whole frame ect ,would give it  a great added bonus then ,they are halfway there already with the front end mountings, sure a loader could be made to fit onto that easlily enough

Very Very easy sean

im re painting and re decaling a 5640 to a blue top 6640 with custim loader ;)

pics when its finshed

I think that's great news that Imber are releasing it as a 6640.... It saves us from butchering perfectly nice 5640's and adding our own decals. It's always been assumed that this would happen anway, so OK, anyone who feels the need to own everything is going to get stretched, but those of us who want to cherry pick our particular favourites are well looked after.... The problem with decal changes in the past has been that the casting or paint was not right for the model [britains 5610?].... that sort of release tested even my mild mannered nature, but offering all the range, even if that is just the correct model number on a decal, is a very generous offer by Imber if you ask me! I look forward to a 7740 too.... I would be really chuffed if they did the 7740 with larger wheel equipment though to differentiate it from the smaller ones... As others have suggested, if you don't like it, you don't have to buy it, but the fact that they offer it is definitely a good thing...

I would like to see a loader on one that matches the detail and quality.

Hopefully something will come next year, can't say yet but we are working on a project which if all goes well will see one..  Somethings take months, even years, to bring to fruition.

To be honest I think that these models look really good, I dont own the previous one but from what people are saying its a good model especially from a small company  and dont see why people are making such a fuss over a decal change. If you dont like it then you dont have to buy it and I wouldnt complain if given either version. Finally good look to Imber on producing this model.

Well I have one or two fords (fordbased) models...1000ish at last count and I have to say that I am in a lucky position (living in a cardboard box) and couldn't care about the variations as I'll be getting / got all  of them as when it comes to great value for money these are top notch..

I am still amazed they are priced so low compared with other models out there

Bring them on  :-*

i dont know if the last few replys are aimed at me or not,but please look at what i wrote,i dont have a problem with just a decal change,i love the imber ford models,but what i was saying ,it seems when any other company does a decal change they get slaughtered for it,that was my point,i hope imber models go from strength to strength and i will leave it at that,hope ive got my point across

I don't have an imber ford as of yet,only a ros nh t7070,but I saw the prototype 4wd 5640 on show at the last toytrac and was really impressed.

I'm all for decal changes as long as each model in the range that gets redecaled has the same dimensions as to what the cast/mould is based on,otherwise its not realistic.

And looking at what imber models are releasing I see no reason to be critical as 5640 and 6640 are the same dimension ::)

I'm hopeing that imber will release a nh decaled 2wd 6640 as the farmer two doors on from me came past this afternoon hauling a brand new marston flatbed fully laden with small hay bales.

Hopefully something will come next year, can't say yet but we are working on a project which if all goes well will see one..  Somethings take months, even years, to bring to fruition.

like the sound of that steve, nice tanco loader that would fit all in the range as a seperate item, would be great, although i guess it will be a set, all the fords i see seem to have tanco loader on, well when i was younger

i dont know if the last few replys are aimed at me or not,but please look at what i wrote,i dont have a problem with just a decal change,i love the imber ford models,but what i was saying ,it seems when any other company does a decal change they get slaughtered for it,that was my point,i hope imber models go from strength to strength and i will leave it at that,hope ive got my point across

You're right Paul and yes, you have got your point across perfectly, I agree totally. The subtle difference between what Imber are doing and what other manufacturers seem have done previously is that Imber are producing a full & correct range of tractors, other manufacturers in the past have tried to inaccurately change the model into a different range just by a decal... they deserve to get frowned at for that!