mr softies collection

mr softie

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are a lot of Blue's joining the collection now Brian....will you still have room to display them :-\ :-\

worryingly there IS a lot of blue now bill and i had to buy a set of shelves from b&q to put in the middle of the floor i reckon i have space for another 2 sets of them then i need to flit dad out i think

just managed to get the 4960 out the box bloody ties just waiting on fb uploading now

I know what you are saying about those wire ties Brian hence the reason I never remove models from the base.....I tend only to open the cardboard sides.

Best of luck with the "rewiring" and only one question have you got a shrink wrapper for the weights :-\

I know what you are saying about those wire ties Brian hence the reason I never remove models from the base.....I tend only to open the cardboard sides.

Best of luck with the "rewiring" and only one question have you got a shrink wrapper for the weights :-\

bill the plastic base also had sides attatched which was inside the cardboard outer to get decent pictures i had to remove it, never thought of taking a picture of the underside with the prop shaft etc, starting to think about keeping this one out the box on the top of my filing cabinets

fantastic looking model, and i agree, in 1/32 would be great, i'd have 2 or 3 probably!!

Thanks for posting lots of pictures :)

id be the same barry at least 2 if they were in 1/32, so many options with them 50/55 series

• 1 month later...

a few recent additions to my collection

DSC01587.jpg

DSC01593.jpg

DSC01594.jpg

i have discovered there is at least 3 variations of this stock 66 model with different part numbers the 2 above and i need to look for the black front wheeled model boxed now

joe Earnvale tractors at balbeggie, spoke to tam & wattie in the stores last monday and gave them the part number ( the same as the one on the john deere website you listed earlier ) and i got a phone call on thursday morning to say my order was in , excellent service

That is a well stocked store at Balbeggie Brian. I was down that way earlier on in the year and dropped in past and managed to leave a show poster. Nice friendly chap I got at the stores department.

That is a well stocked store at Balbeggie Brian. I was down that way earlier on in the year and dropped in past and managed to leave a show poster. Nice friendly chap I got at the stores department.

hi bill it was wattie that you spoke to at earnvale he mentioned you being in with a poster and how the conversation turned to the lorry collector in the branch, they are excellent to deal with and if they dont have it they are speady at getting it if it is available

That's right Brian he was telling me how he had picked up a few lorry models at a car boot or jumble sale. He mentioned their lorry driver was a lorry collector and he had asked him for advice on values etc. It turned out he was Doug McNicol junior and his folks have the model shop Hobbies of Alyth. In fact they were almost next to you with their stall at the Marriott show. Its a small world out there as they say.

Archived