Grain hauling

neilw

We use JD 6900+6910's with 11 ton triffit or wooton trailers. Generally haul it across country to our own store generally a mile at most, but also run to local store which is about 5 miles away. This year we are using a JD 2064 combine with a 18ft head for the first time it has replaced a Claas Dominator 96. A farmer we know uses anything up to 8 tractors and trailers with a 35 ft Claas lexion 600. hope this helps a bit. :of

we used to have the 699 on a 8 ton marston, and a 6 ton trailer on either the 165 or 698t depending on if the baler had started,  698t was always on the baler if required, very ocasionaly if on the far fileds we would run a 690 on a 5 ton pettit trailer to, but 99% of the time the first 2 would handle the loads easy enough

Yesterday, hauling away from me was a brand new T6070 (with the new bonnet) and 12t Richard Western, farm was less than half a mile. Two bin dumps and he was gone and back before I was full. Earlier in the week I was 10 miles from the farm, same tractor and trailer plus a Massey 4370 and 8t Webcox - they however could not keep up!!

John Deere 2058 with 18' header, one tractor and 14t trailer on barley and OSR usually unless a good crop on one of the further fields, same for wheat on the close fields and two tractors and 14t trailers on the further ones, still only one driver, distances anything from 100m to 2.5 miles from store on both farms that we do