• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is stunning dave, but your work is hard to beat...

You thinking of doing a 2nd one?

thank you for the compliment  ;D , Hmm 2nd one, well prob not, this one is for my fendt collection, no one makes a good Xylon.

I would make another if anyone wanted one but it would be a costly build, this has taken 1x siku Xylon (not much left ::) ) and 2x weise toy 515s. and a the rear wheels are off of my weise 824 ( reminds me I need to find a set, as that tractor is sitting on a paint tin in the back of my display case :'( ) I was lucky enough that a forum member had the cab remains of a 515 that he had used for the chassis and wheels so that saved me a few quid, but if not you are looking at over £100 of donor tractors if buying new :of . Also there is hours of work,

I would happy to make another, but I think you would realy realy want one as It would be costly.

you can get the wheels for the 824 of this guy dave ;)

http://www.tractorium.com/

breaks most tractors, but to date i have never seen a 824 cab ,which i have been after for a while now, he sells the bonnets, floorpans wheels and hitches but never the cabs? ??? ??

Cheers for that, you sent me that before I forgot all about it ::) . best go spend some money as the 824 is looking a little sad

Few photos, done enough for the show, bit more to do afterwards, just little things here and there. the cab is only very lightly stuck on, so I can remove later, the cab is screwed together so I can get in there again

Back window in, worklights etc fitted and the grab handels

post-1877-132639472068_thumb.jpg

post-1877-132639472214_thumb.jpg

I'm not even sure that I have ever seen I real Xylon. Having said that and seeing what you have done, I don't think I need to! This is stunning!

Bit unfair though, the best farm model weatherer and now top rate conversionist. . . . :(:D

I'm not even sure that I have ever seen I real Xylon.

i have  ;)  matter of fact if i wasn't 'asked to leave' 10 months earlier i might of had one , mixed reviews from the drivers though , i think the xylons they had were big 4pot turbo's which made them ever so quick & nippy , & great for road work.............................as long as there wern't too many hills , that was the killer , having never driven one i cant comment , but have been told , they needed a bit more torque at the bottom end . however their primary function was to haul 2.500gallon tankers on road work so what they fell short on in that use never showed up their real promise with the field work they were never used for , although they were trialed against the early fastracs of wich were of second rate in everything against the xylon.

maybe if like JCB they'd hung on a bit longer , the xylon would still be in production

quality conversion dave really well done  :) :) :)

I'm not even sure that I have ever seen I real Xylon. Having said that and seeing what you have done, I don't think I need to! This is stunning!

Bit unfair though, the best farm model weatherer and now top rate conversionist. . . . :(:D

the farm that have just employed me have one for there leeks, onions and carrots,ill try and get some pics of it

• 2 months later...