yer, I think we can be very english about tractors like this, we like tractors to look like tractors ??? .

same thing with lawn mowers, we have a stiga mower with the deck on the front and artic steering, fantastick thing, goes round everything and under all the bushes etc, BUT the dealer hardly sells any, every one buys tractors with the deck underneath, they can't get into the corners, and moan about turning circle,but they bought it as in there head it looked like a ride on mower should! ::) 

ahh the stiga , brilliant little tool , 3blade deck is great & yer not driving on what you're about to cut ! just a shame it's not connected to a collecing box  :(

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep stiga is one of our mowers, I cut large amounts of grass for a living, we use the stiga around the edges and do the large areas with a couple of bigger tractors with 62" decks. But I am about to trade the stiga PRo 25 in for a stiga titan...more money ::)

some of my kit on the trailor in my drive way......Yer yer I know it genn and yellow ;D

post-1877-132639424625_thumb.jpg

Any way enough of grass cutters ;D . Back to the tractor

I have fitted the engine, it is one fron a siku 718,cut in half and fitted eather side of the chassis, then to tidy things up I have fitted the outer frame, so it looks like the real thing, most of this will be covered by the cab and steps, but it little details I suppose ???

post-1877-132639424631_thumb.jpg

post-1877-13263942464_thumb.jpg

DD.

There was a Xylon near to me when I was growing up. It was the blue and white one with a Tank ont he front and pretty much only used for spraying.

If I get back to the UK sometime I will send you some pics.

I loved this tractor even if it was the "other" green. Genius invention. I used to have the launch DVD from Fendt I got at a royal show.

In fact it was this one:

DD.

There was a Xylon near to me when I was growing up. It was the blue and white one with a Tank ont he front and pretty much only used for spraying.

If I get back to the UK sometime I will send you some pictures.

I loved this tractor even if it was the "other" green. Genius invention. I used to have the launch DVD from Fendt I got at a royal show.

In fact it was this one:

Oh yes.... With guest appearance by "Borat"

8)

Fairly taking shape now, really love these, every time i see one (well a picture as never had the pleasure of seeing a real one) it makes me smile. On the earlier post you made of people not liking tractors that dont look like tractors, thats the complete opposite of me,i love anything different xylons, mbtracs or unimogs, think it brings out the child in us all.

Going by the wheels you have used these must be a fairly big tractor in real life.

Yes I think mine is the  biggest wheel option, but there seem to be so many, every tractor you see a photo of has something diffrent :of .( just take a look at the utube link Jez has posted ???  But the one I am building is the one I remember the most...and on the front of the broshure I'm working from.As like you I have never seen one for real. But yes the xylon seems a very big tractor considering the HP band it is in.

Yes I think mine is the  biggest wheel option, but there seem to be so many, every tractor you see a photo of has something diffrent :of .( just take a look at the utube link Jez has posted ???  But the one I am building is the one I remember the most...and on the front of the broshure I'm working from.As like you I have never seen one for real. But yes the xylon seems a very big tractor considering the HP band it is in.

But when you remember the year the xylon came out and think of what other companys were making at the time it was some out of the box forward thinking from the disgners imo

Its still revoloutionary to todays standard. Its a wonder how this didnt take of as well as the fastrac, the xylon looks to be such a surperior design, and doubt the price differenc would be that much.

Theres  a man who takes potatoe ground near here i hear has a small one of these,must try and investigate if its a xylon. Ive seen his small tool carrier before, and its rare looking to say the least.

Sorry to go slightly off topic but a similar beast is the Deutz Intrac, this one is owned by a friend of mine in the Scottish Borders. Not the best of photos though as the light in the barn wasn't very good  :-\ :-\

006-5.jpg

007-3.jpg

008-4.jpg

great video Jez very entertaining.

The Deutz Intrac has been around years, sadly no more. Because these systems tractors sell in small numbers companies arent interested but then Claas make the Xerion, maybe Deutz and Fendt will re-make these tractors one day, they were just ahead of their time.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

right, been grabbing a few hours on this here and there last few nights...sleep is highly over rated :of . been fitting this in between a black JD,fendt with drill,MF a hay turner and a heep of  muddy stuff heading to moira...but can't post photos of that,untill it's been on a layout...very secret squirrel 8)

Anyway few photos, should have enough done to it for it to come to spalding

post-1877-132639471646_thumb.jpg

post-1877-132639471662_thumb.jpg