Britians Massey Ferguson 7480.

TM190

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So how would you rate it out of ten?

As a Toy, Which it is, Its pretty good.. Goes forward and back, Steers, Linkage raises and lowers And looks like the real machine. Simple..

As a collectors point of view you would know its not a UH a mile off.. The overall quality is ok, All plastic parts expect chassis and weight block.. Rivits used to secure Front linkage and Weight are oversize and do interup the look of it. Becons bit let down, doesn't look right without at least one.

The Hitch! Well as you can see its New! Diecast.. Holds the plough up JUST! Its got no problem with strenght its the locking arrangement.. It simpley just sits up and over two wee lugs.. If I was to lean on the bench the plough would drop, was hard to get it to stay to get photo!, And through time I Think, it will get worse with wear as the wee lugs will round off causing it to slip easier than now. So I can't see it holding anything up and a few hours of play with hitch..

Theres also wee silly things, Paint slighty off in places, Black smeared over onto red, Bonnet has score marks on it, Decals aren't fantastic few marks on them etc..

Apart from that its Dead On!  ;D 

But remember, Its BRITAINS, Toy Manufactures.. Its a Toy and Is a Perfect Toy for the young ones!  ;)  If you want a Model you Buy the UH 7499  ;)

seems Britains are raising their game!!!  is it me or is the colour a tad off compared to the UH 7499???

I haven't got two MF which are the same shade of Red! Even the UH 7499 and new 5480, Both meant to be 50th Red, both are different. Then you open a Tin of 50th red and its different again!  ::)  ::) 

could be the uh is wrong?? colour wise, hard to tell, none of mine seem to match my mf supplied paint convos, so blake whens the first cross breed due from the workshop

When ever i get the dam thing apart!  :of  Its well bulit i'll say that.. Had to leave her, Need the bigger toolbox with the more Expierenced tools!  ;D  ;D  ;D

did massey not change there colour when they went to grey chassis like the UH 7499 but the 7480 is a black chassis

overall looking nice cant wait to see what other tractors britains have instore

Correct they did. All the black chassis MF had Super Red paint, The newer Grey Chassis ones are now 50th Red.

I dont know weather the 7480 is meant to be Super Red or 50th Red.. Probably neither  ::)

The paint is incorrect on the Britains Massey, we actually brought this to their attention after we previewed the sample a few months ago, after some of you pointed it out. It was too late to enforce a change so this first version of the model is only likely to be a relatively low production run before we then get the more modern colour scheme.

Thanks for images blake, do you mind copy and pasting that review into the FTF Rate and Review Site?

Nice review, one people have been waiting for!!!.....and a model i will try and get, mainly as its Massey!!

So the hitch then, all be it the new one, its still not great??? :-\

Andy, could we feed this back to RC2 for future developments?, i know it took a while to get this far with the hitch anyway, and its a good improvement but this may be a simple remedy for future products to stop the sliding factor??....it will become a hot topic again otherwise!! ;D ;D

time to look for a few for the farm anyway!....1st RC2 purchase in years!! ;)

picking up this model on saturday as said this is a britains toy and not a model but compared to the old 2680/3680`s i wish i had this much detail in my carpet farming years and also this will be the first britains non john deere tractor to enter my collection in 10 years lets hope they keep the standard up with any other new releases