Newark Vintage Tractor & Heritage Show 2010

Andy

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice pic's  ;D  went myself & yea the sun did make it a nice day but abit more difficult to get picture's. Most people saw you taking a pic & stood back while you did which is nice  :D  & thanks to anyone who did stop & let us take pics. Know at local shows no one seems to care & just walk in front off you ahh well.  Was a Great day out & having a DB myself made it even better , & cant wait to see some off the tractor shots you got  ;)

Nice picture's  ;D  went myself & yea the sun did make it a nice day but abit more difficult to get picture's. Most people saw you taking a picture & stood back while you did which is nice  :D  & thanks to anyone who did stop & let us take pictures. Know at local shows no one seems to care & just walk in front off you ahh well.  Was a Great day out & having a DB myself made it even better , & cant wait to see some off the tractor shots you got  ;)

Thanks Taz, i'll post photographs of the real machines I captured tommorow once i've finished work. Couldn't agree more the vast majority of people were very amiable and considerate to those of us constantly clicking our camera lenses which was much appreciated. :)

didnt see the tractors but saw lorry and living van ;)

They had a very early Case tractor ( one which i've photographed before at the Millenium Show at Newark ) and their orchard Case DV in the marquee containing all of the Case tractors. They were quite tightly packed into that particular area so it was difficult to gain a clear shot of them unless you were about 10 feet tall. :D 

Good to catch up towards the end of the day Mike. :)

the ford with the farmhand loader is a stunning model, brings back many memories from the 80`s when we had one on the farm

I spent quite a bit of time inspecting those blues Brian definitely one of my favourites along with the 9600 and Wilder Pressure Harrow. :)

Would love to see more about the Ford 596 Natco130+ ...

Jack

I'll post photographs of it in the full very shortly Jack, it's a modern take on a Doe 130. ;)

Moving on from the models here's the first of the real machines I captured, a John Deere motorbike seen in the Newark Pavillion.

It's actually a repainted BMW R1150GS belonging to John Burton.

DSC00707.jpg

Followed by a couple of tractors I found on the sidelines, a modern Kubota followed by a classic Leyland 255.

DSC00708.jpg

DSC00731.jpg

Final few from the commercial vehicle line up before moving on to some of the horticultural machinery on display outside.

DSC00744.jpg

DSC00745.jpg

DSC00746.jpg

DSC00748.jpg

DSC00751.jpg

A little later on in the day whilst photographing one of the tractor sections outside I found this beastie parked in one of the unloading areas.

DSC00895.jpg

After taking in some of the commercials I headed to a small line up of horticultural equipment situated just opposite one of the main halls.

DSC00752.jpg

DSC00753.jpg

Imagine swapping your Claas Jaguar or Krone Big X for this! Doug Taylor's 1972 Brott forage harvester.

DSC00756.jpg

Matthew Jopling's 1958 Wheel Horse.

DSC00757.jpg

My favourite from this little line up, Charlie Foster's 1964 Gutbrod Superior.

DSC00758.jpg

Also seen alongside the really miniature machines outside, Bryan Hoggarth's immaculate 1966 BMC Mini.

DSC00754.jpg

some great pics david like the erf with bulk trailer nice to see the horticultural bits two , there looks to be some great models there to ,the county and farmhand loader look a treat and the wilder harrow not forgeting the fisher humphreys hedge cutter , good show and weather looks to be fine also  ;)

The featured make from the show this year was David Brown and Case tractors, here's the first selection from both manufacturers with machines old a new surrounding dealer Farmstar's display.

DSC00759.jpg

Starting with two "prairie monster's" from very different eras.

W.A Ledbury's 1902 60hp Case Steam Traction Engine "Grizzly."

DSC00762.jpg

Whilst on Farmstar's stand, this modern day Quadtrac.

DSC00764.jpg

A 335 Magnum also from their stand.

DSC00760.jpg

some great pictures david like the erf with bulk trailer nice to see the horticultural bits two , there looks to be some great models there to ,the county and farmhand loader look a treat and the wilder harrow not forgeting the fisher humphreys hedge cutter , good show and weather looks to be fine also  ;)

Thanks ever so much Graham, i've photographed that lovely ERF before at Pickering Steam Rally in 2009, it's in superb condition. I really enjoyed photographing the models and layouts especially the blue machines. It was a fantastic show one I highly recommend to anyone addicted to tractors, trucks and machinery. Lots more photographs on the way. :)

Time for a wander inside ( not for the first time ) into an "Aladdin's Cave" of rare and unsual gems from the world of tractors commencing with the David Brown and Case marquee. It was quite tricky at times to gain clean shots of the tractors in here so I was unable to photograph them all.

First, the last tractor off the Meltham production line, a 2wd 1594 Commemorative Editon, absolutely delighted to have seen this machine in the flesh for the first time.

DSC00769.jpg

DSC00770.jpg

DSC00771.jpg

DSC00772.jpg

DSC00773.jpg

DSC00774.jpg