60 km/h tractors

harvey123

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well i am starting to wish i never started this topic now!

but we're running a john deere 6920s and a massey ferguson 6490 which will soon be changing to  a fastrac 2170 and a fastrac 3200 mainly because it's not being fiddled with to make them go faster!

I think given the circumstances you have taken the best option, and started an interesting topic in the meantime

In powerquads with auto E there is some sort of restricter wire which therefore stops the mph on the dash to work increasing the speed, Which makes it very ropey 2 drive

That gear box is fitted with gearing to go either 40 or 50 kph Matty.

Only way to change it is to fit different gears or up the revs... Sorry mate but speaking from experience here.

Nice to see all the sensible answer though. Well done you lot.

well lately my dads been complaining that the massey ferguson and john deere are too slow on the road so we were talking to our john deere dealer if theres was something that could be done to speed them up abit and he said there was a guy that would come out and do it for you, so i was wondering if anyone knew anymore on this subject, maybe you've had it done or you know someone who has had it done.

Any help greatly appreciated. :)

but we're running a john deere 6920s and a massey ferguson 6490 which will soon be changing to  a fastrac 2170 and a fastrac 3200 mainly because it's not being fiddled with to make them go faster!

ah in that case i can't see the point of this topic ?

but then it has created a decent disscussion , one we've had before & no doubt we'll have again  :)

Only way to change it is to fit different gears or up the revs... Sorry mate but speaking from experience here.

Well lad it is true a couple of people have done it around here 2 6910's, and from being a JD dealer and pulled alot of gearboxes out myself i do have experience. ;) 

Well lad it is true a couple of people have done it around here 2 6910's, and from being a JD dealer and pulled alot of gearboxes out myself i do have experience. ;)

and with jez being pretty well connected within jd seeing as hes a training manager or similar i guess he will know to matty  ;)

Guys to tidy this one up a bit,

The power quad on the deeres, you had the option of F3 being 45k at full engine revs, and change up to F4 the speed stays the same but the engine revs drop to 1900 rpm,

This option i think was called eco shift??? jez??

I have this box on my 6420s and had it on my 6620,

What this is all about is so, if you pull a wire going to the rear diff on the deere with this box in it, the speedometer stops working, thus the Ecu does no know what speed the axles are doing, so when you change up to F4 from F3 the brain does not tell the engine to cut back to hold 40K instead the engine just revs up full and the result being you've just got 50k

My 6420s has a chip in it that when she reaches 40k the speedo stays at 40k so the brain thinks its still only doin 40K so does not cut the revs back, as a result my 6420s sits at 54K on the road,

But defo 60K nanananana UNLESS you can get this type of ECO box on a 50K machine that cuts back in top gear?? if so then maybe the same but i can only vouch for the 40 up to 50k cheat..

But 50k, the difference in a 15 min journey between 40k and 50k?? 2 -3 minutes?? at the end of the day is 60K worth it with the whole speed + momentum and transfer of energy displacement etc . . .

Na not thinking so

on the old 50 k 20,s you had to get under neath the tractor and put your arm up through the back axel and pull the plug they would do  42 mph then

Ah I get it now! I have been reading this Topic but every reply has said what I would have said. . . Until now.

So basically, screw the designers, the engineers, the product development, screw the machine, safety parimeters, any laws. Screw peoples safety . . . If you can do it faster, cheaper then run bent. Be a cowboy, a roughshot.

Seriously, this kind of thing stinks. Even owning a factory built high speed tractor doesn't right the wrong of being ignorant of using it on red, without an 'O' licence or the correct tax band like your competitors in the earth moving, building or groundworks sector.

i was only doing as i was told  i would,nt do it on my own tractor  but at the time i was working for a contractor

I think I'd be right in saying you wouldn't do it now either being older and wiser. I'm sure we all do daft things as young eager chaps. If anyone ever asks someone to go against a machines designated use though they are asking you to take unnacceptable risks, probably for £5 - £10/hr . . .

I'd sooner work slower, for less but be stopped from working only by retirement!!

your right yes as an owner driver now im payed by the hr , my 6930,s 50k and will do 35 mph but i very rarely run flat out 29mph is what i go at when i can get a way with it  ;D , but yes when your young you do tend to be led down the path a bit  ::)

Guys to tidy this one up a bit,

The power quad on the deeres, you had the option of F3 being 45k at full engine revs, and change up to F4 the speed stays the same but the engine revs drop to 1900 rpm,

I have this box on my 6420s and had it on my 6620,

What this is all about is so, if you pull a wire going to the rear diff on the deere with this box in it, the speedometer stops working, thus the Ecu does no know what speed the axles are doing, so when you change up to F4 from F3 the brain does not tell the engine to cut back to hold 40K instead the engine just revs up full and the result being you've just got 50k

My 6420s has a chip in it that when she reaches 40k the speedo stays at 40k so the brain thinks its still only doin 40K so does not cut the revs back, as a result my 6420s sits at 54K on the road,

But defo 60K nanananana UNLESS you can get this type of ECO box on a 50K machine that cuts back in top gear?? if so then maybe the same but i can only vouch for the 40 up to 50k cheat..

But 50k, the difference in a 15 min journey between 40k and 50k?? 2 -3 minutes?? at the end of the day is 60K worth it with the whole speed + momentum and transfer of energy displacement etc . . .

no not thinking so

On A 6820 I drove this summer, The owner must have put a switch on this wire up into the cab becasuse On the right hand side you had a worklight switch which changed her from 40k to 50k  ;D  I thought it was bloming magic until now i understand it  :D  ::)

you probably know what im going to say!!!! didnt you bother looking at a Mog? they may be dearer than a Fastrac but you get a higher spec machine more suited to road work that will always hold its value better than a Fastrac ;)

you probably know what im going to say!!!! didnt you bother looking at a Mog? they may be dearer than a Fastrac but you get a higher spec machine more suited to road work that will always hold its value better than a Fastrac ;)

Do they have the wieght transfer ability though? I know there is a 5th wheel option but on the drawbar they seem worryingly light up front ???

Yes mate it is...

So..... this topic has changed into a real BFF topic.... full of posts about modifying a tractor that will end up with the customer complaining about something...

Never mind.... proving interesting reading.... :of