New Border Fine Arts MF390 with Mower coming out... limited to 750

Just had a call from my local friendly MF dealer... I hear there is a new BFA MF390 (with a mower) coming out... with each MF dealer limited to 7 pieces per site I believe.  Whilst I'm not a fan of the old BFA in general.. I've bagged myself one as an investment (The MF35 I bought in 08 is still in it's box in the loft, having never been opened)

Just thought I'd give you the heads up anyway you lovely lovely people you  :-*:-*

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

More is the point Mark.... I haven't even heard about this on the grape vine >:( >:(>:( ...mind you I suppose I don't really keep up with the local MF dealers.

Having said that the BFA society or supplier's should have let die hard BFA collectors know :of :of

I'm not sure Andy... I'll ask for you on Monday... I didn't think to ask the timescale for delivery either... perhaps Bill can find out for us  :-\

Mark / Andy,

A bit close to closing time on an adverse Friday night but I will be making a call tomorrow to the PostHorn in Castle Douglas or the owners in Inverurie ( Ian Sinclair) of Sinclair's and the local Massey Ferguson dealers Balgownie now somewhere in Inverurie.

Well I called The local Massey Ferguson dealer Balgownie at Inverurie and spoke to Gordon in the stores. He checked his email's and nothing on this but he said he would contact MF on Monday and to give him a call back late afternoon. Without having to ask he said he would easily reserve one for me 8) 8)

I will still give the Posthorn a call to see if they know anything about this.

In addition I will drop an email to the Border Fine Arts Society of which I am a member but the earliest I will hear back will be Monday.

Mark the chap was asking the name of your dealer in Cambridge I thought :-\ ???

Well I got a response from the BFA Society. Now need to call back the local MF dealer.

Hello Bill

Thank you for your email. This model was made exclusively for Massey

Ferguson and is not available from us. Please contact

AGCO International Ltd

Tel: 02476 694400

If you need any further information please email me back and I will be

happy to help.

Kind regards

Selena

Border Fine Arts Society

Brunthill Road

Kingstown

CARLISLE

Cumbria

CA3 0EN

Well I was kinda dubious after my Porsche GT3 wind up Mark ;) ;)

Anyway I called the local MF dealer at Inverurie this morning and he has 4 coming in. May be in before Xmas but may not. He has reserved two for two of their mechanics and one for me and will have one for stock. The cost is £ 162.

My regular supplier the PostHorn came back with an email today.I',m not quite sure who they mean by the Massey Society ??? ???

Hi    I have spoken to Border and the Massey Society are getting a Massey 390 and Mower Studio Tractor A21281 RRP £190.    We are unable to get our hands on one as they are all being send direct to the Massey Society.    Sorry    Heather    I was sure the chap at the MF depot quoted me £ 162 but well time will tell

Oh you could be right Mark.... I was off duty and at lunch when I posted that so wasn't thinking numbers. However when I come to buy it I will be saying to the storeman "but you said the price was £ 162" ;) ;)

That bonnet ruins a nice piece  :-\  Will it be fixed on the others or not?  ???

If I were to guess I would suspect it is too late in the process to have them changed since well some deliveries are expected pre Christmas.

bonnet does look steep..who can answer that question why ?

Well I'm no Massey expert Rob and looking at a photo I have of a 390T it does in fact look a bit steep. I'm surprised since well Broder Fine Arts do not usually get things wrong... :of :of

2292008012.jpg

That's a shame, although it does seemed to be emphasised more due to the BFA style. Otherwise, I do like that and think they have given it a great finish. I wonder if we will see any of the current Massey Range in BFA format in the near future?

looks to me like the front grill should be a tad higher.could be wrong

Well having looked at both photos the top of the front lights are almost in line with the top of the bonnet side panels in the model whereas on the 390T the line of the side panels is almost in the middle of the lights. In addition the height between the top of the transfer and the bonnet is much lower on the model. Whatever has happened it does not replicate the real deal as well as it should assuming there is no difference in bonnets between a 390 and a 390T...I assume it is just a turbo ??? ???

I have seen BFA get paint colours drastically wrong on two models but I was able to get them to repaint both.

Cream wheel centres on the Leyland instead of silver and Gold coloured batteries on the Fergie Yellow belly.

MF.png

2292008012.jpg