new Tractors

JohnP

The weather is still a bit grotty here

but at least I was out and about in daylight - which was more could be said for anything on the farms !

Anyhow I ended up at Hull docks to see what was there; unfortunatley stocks were light and nothing out of the ordinary seen, apart from a couple of "industrial" ? yellow MF's

When the weather is better I'll get down there with better camera gear...

Nice pics John although shame about the weather eh......

Yellow Massey Ferguson's could be one of two things I can think of:-

1) Industrial Tractors as you said

2) Local Council (or similar) Tractors.

My local council has a Claas Celtis in normal colours but a Massey Ferguson 362 in yellow as part of their working horticulture fleet for use in parks, cutting school playing fields etc...... :) :) :)

Are they to go on a RoRo ship John? I used to collect McCormicks from Doncaster and haul them down to Southampton in containers, lot's of road miles considering there was a docks just round the corner. Had the camera out one day but was told off because I was in the 'development area'.

P&O run the "North Sea Ferries" to Rotterdam and Zeebrugge on a daily basis

The latest pair of ships are too big for the docks so they have a new berth in the Humber itself

(they're Ro-Ro's of course).

I've seen tractors heading for the M62 3 at a time on lorries, but don't know if the dealers arrange that or they're still under care of the manufacturer.

I think the Humber ports in total are about the biggest in the UK - must check somewhere - hundreds of BMW's stored just down the way. Are the tractors imported anywhere else into the UK?

Cold ? - actually not too bad FP, a glorious +5 degC today !!!

P&O run the "North Sea Ferries" to Rotterdam and Zeebrugge on a daily basis

The latest pair of ships are too big for the docks so they have a new berth in the Humber itself

(they're Ro-Ro's of course).

I've seen tractors heading for the M62 3 at a time on lorries, but don't know if the dealers arrange that or they're still under care of the manufacturer.

I think the Humber ports in total are about the biggest in the UK - must check somewhere - hundreds of BMW's stored just down the way. Are the tractors imported anywhere else into the UK?

Cold ? - actually not too bad FP, a glorious +5 degC today !!!

Someone told me that Claas use Felixstowe docks for shipping their machinery in and out of the country. It would make sense as it's fairly close by comparison to some of the others. Did see a few Volvo loading shovels there a few years back as well, so a few other manufacturers may well use it as well.

I am up Portbury docks near Bristol on a weekly basis and you can't see anything for Chevrolets, Kia's and Mitsubishi's coming in and Opel/Vauxhall, Land Rover, Mini going out. There are acres and acres of cars there, I guess someone thinks we have space on our roads for them!!! JCB go out through Southampton, CAT come in. Widdowson Group do alot of the haulage as do Brit European.

I am up Portbury docks near Bristol on a weekly basis and you can't see anything for Chevrolets, Kia's and Mitsubishi's coming in and Opel/Vauxhall, Land Rover, Mini going out. There are acres and acres of cars there, I guess someone thinks we have space on our roads for them!!! JCB go out through Southampton, CAT come in. Widdowson Group do alot of the haulage as do Brit European.

Is that the cars you see from the M5 Tris  ???

You seen'em Marky. When you get down onto the quay itself there is alot of timber going out too which encouraging to see for the Welsh and Scot's. The cars though, they must be visible from space!! Acres and acres of them. The fleets of transporter lorries don't stop bringing them in/taking them out down that place.

Unleaded and a Zippo, bit harsh Marky... plenty of sand about down there. ..

sad to see all the MF's being imported nowadays

(like most of the things we buy - my Mothers side are coal-mining stock from SYorks and it pains me to see the constant flow of coal trains....)

Thinks, apart from McCormick in Doncaster do we have a tractor industry left ??

Probably not JohnP - Like you I'm very sad  :( - and Angry  >:( and a little embarrassed  :-[ to say I'm British... I visited the Banner Lane production line on more than one occasion over the years and to see now what is left frankly beggars belief  :(

We have very little manufacturing left here in the UK now... I was in a tool shop the orther day and the guy showed me the modern day Record stuff... fankly it's crap - G cramps are now made in China to look like the old sheffield built ones - he only had two old Sheffield mades ones left so I bought them both  :(

Good to see Basildon still going, then.

Drove past JCB's place last year and as surprised to see how small it was !

Great Inovators - thats the way to survive, I guess

Globalisation...it sucks.....