Mobile 'Phones. What do you use, rate and suggest?

Well, still waiting to upgrade mine at the end of the year but Traci has just upgraded and went for the HTC Desire S Teal or something. I have been using it this evening and helping her set it up. I have it connected to the home Wi-Fi and I have to say, it's slow. It is though, a lovely 'phone to use and the screen is bright and concise. Pretty simple once you get around the basics. So far, I like it!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

hi all, bit of a resurrection, but here's what i just did, just rung vodafone for an argument (to cancel current contract) I'd seen a samsung galaxy sII for £30/ month 500 mins 5000 texts 1gb data for 24months, vodafone said if i sent my £28 phone back they'd make the sII free for me too (instead of £200!), then matched threes price plan.

here's the specs, iphone 4 beater, and should match the iphone 5 in august, (dual core y0!) http://www.carphonewarehouse.com/mobiles/mobile-phones/SAMSUNG-GALAXY-S-2/MONTHLY?src=phoneFinder&tariffNetworks=&clearance=false

hope this helps....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

One of the blokes at work has the HTC the same as Traci has got and today he found an App for HGV drivers ours, they think of everything! It has buttons to press as would be on a digital tachograph and a count down timer to remind you of when to stop or when you are able to drive again. It also works out your fortnightly and three weekly averages!!

Yet again I shall say Blackberry Torch, Recently I had it with me and at mid day I noticed the battery was in the red and said I had 2% left. Didn't have charger in tractor!  :-\

At 1am when I got home it was still running  ;D 

I've gone to a I phone 4 love it best phone I've had yet have a otter box case for it to toughen it up for work have about 5 apps I use daily for spraying spreading and trucking. Do all my dockets o. It and send them to the boss no more paper work.

Are I phones really that good?? I find it hard to justify the extra cost...

I'd say yes... I've got the iPhone 4... SUPERB piece of kit - some others at work the the blackberry which is simply not a patch on the iPhone... unless you want to riot and loot the shops in Tottenham, then I am told the personal messaging is second to none  :D :D

would swaer blind on i phone, i have the 3 but its great, my mother recently got a htc?? lasted 2 weeks and the screen went, got replaced and the sim reader started going funny on the second one, so she gave up and now has a i phone 4, much to my anoyance as i have to wait another 8 months for my upgrade still

i guess it depends how much you use it, i guess with sat nav ect running, loads of other bits it would drain quick, tried the blackberrys when i got the i phone, but found them a bit weird?? something about them didnt feel right ,where as despite my concerns( fat fingers) the i phone just felt natural, its hard to explain what it was about the blackberrys, but i seemed to struggle with them text and typing wise?? i know they have changed in the last 18 months so will try them again, but deep down the i phone seems to have hit the spot and does exactly what i need it to

• 1 month later...

well my poor relation of the phone world  my wee but reliable almost 3 year old samsung solid gave up the ghost....after a bit of searching round and remembering the convos on here i decided to ignore all advice  :P

and bought another samsung.............  B2100 edge................for anyone who doesnt know me, its a phone,i break phones so anything nice and fancy is no use to me

.I only need a phone to send texts and make calls.........and so far this one is doing that nicely.Its not the extreme one you can drop in your pint and watch it ring  , take it out and its fine but still looking a robust,damp proof,dust proof,not too large, pocket sized and one i have no problem recommending.Battery life is reasonably good ,i charge it every two or three nights and that keeps it right.

hope thats of some use to someone

• 1 month later...