Mobile 'Phones. What do you use, rate and suggest?

Ok then, while the filler dries out and Traci does a bit of painting. . .

O2 had a Nokia N8 , iPhone 4 and an HTC OS 9 in the shop for me to try out, unfortunately they were out of Blackberry's but I had all but written it off due to the keypad tobe honest, I may have been surprised though you never know.

What does that Tell you!  ;D  ::) 

Sold out as everybody wants one!

The chap in the shop said it hadn't been as popular as the HTC or the iPhone. . .

As it happens I'm kind of scuppered now anyway as if I want to pay my way out of my contract it will cost me £337 before I even sign up for the iPhone tarrif. ...  :-[:(

May have to run with my old N95 for a few months now on a lower tarrif and then pay may way out later in the year or just wait until November  :'(

The chap in the shop said it hadn't been as popular as the HTC or the iPhone. . .

As it happens I'm kind of scuppered now anyway as if I want to pay my way out of my contract it will cost me £337 before I even sign up for the iPhone tarrif. ...  :-[:(

May have to run with my old N95 for a few months now on a lower tarrif and then pay may way out later in the year or just wait until November  :'(

;D  .. well that answers that one then  ;):P:-*

Perhaps you've just not yet caught up with the mainland  ;):-*

As it happens I'm kind of scuppered now anyway as if I want to pay my way out of my contract it will cost me £337 before I even sign up for the iPhone tarrif. ...  [img alt=:-[]http://www.farmtoysforum.com/forum/Smileys/default/embarrassed.gif [img alt=:(]http://www.farmtoysforum.com/forum/Smileys/default/sad.gif

May have to run with my old N95 for a few months now on a lower tarrif and then pay may way out later in the year or just wait until November

Always worth waiting till the end of your contract Mine is due for renewal soon often can get the phone at a lower cost last time I renewed got the HTC desire for my wife on an 18 month contract for free when it should have been £100. Companies are desparate to keep customers so can do good deals to keep you. Guy who works with me managed to get a 4g 32GB iphone for free from O2 on a 18 month contract @£25 a month just by threatening to leave. ;)

Well mate, may be a blessing in disguise... Rumours say that there will be a new iPhone 4 in the summer...

The reason is because there are rumoured problems with the internal Hardware and these will be fixed with the next version.

I would go for the motorola mate, it is a bit more farmer proof and it is not so sensitive as the iPhone.

8)

i have 2 phones, one is full touch screen, its my town phone now, had it working for a while but i was scared id smash it and cant text or dial very easy with out stoping what i was doing, gone back to a normal fliptop phone, dont even have to look at texting but i have lost the good web.... just depends hopw much time you use the web at work weather you buy for that reason or buy for ruggedness

I heard on the local radio today that the Iphone 4's seem to be working well in 2011.. NOT!  ::)

Alarms not working and dates not updated in the new year.. People late for work everywhere and missing planes etc..!! Oh Deere!!  :'(

My Blackberry working fine tho!  ;D ;D ;D ;D  ::)

Well I own both a Blackberry for work and an Iphone4 for me  :-*

Both have many great features including great cameras and easy internet access and both are pretty good really

I prefer the Iphone as easier to use and the apps are great but needs recharging too often for my liking

Whereas the blackberry is good for the instant messaging, emails etc and holds its charge remarkably but just isnt as easy to use as the Iphone

So people will always be divided as it depends on what is important to you

I heard on the local radio today that the Iphone 4's seem to be working well in 2011.. NOT!  ::)

Alarms not working and dates not updated in the new year.. People late for work everywhere and missing planes etc..!! Oh Deere!!  :'(

My Blackberry working fine tho!  ;D ;D ;D ;D  ::)

:D :D nice try.... Mine is working OK  ;) ... and you'd best read the post below yours as well  ;)

What year is it over there though ??? .. you have celebrated the millennium haven't you  :of .. just a thought  :-*;)

we'll have to change your name to 'Mr Close, but no Cigar' me thinks  ;D

Ok then, while the filler dries out and Traci does a bit of painting. . .

O2 had a Nokia N8 , iPhone 4 and an HTC OS 9 in the shop for me to try out, unfortunately they were out of Blackberry's but I had all but written it off due to the keypad tobe honest, I may have been surprised though you never know.

I went there with the perception to take the Nokia as I am familiar at this stage with them anyway. Trying it out I found the menu's almost exactly the same as my N86 which set me off to a good start. It's bulky though and a tad slow if I am perfectly honest. The 12mp camera was still winning my vote though and the familiarity of the menu's was another tick. In all honesty, it just lacked something. Don't know what it was but it didn't feel comfortable to use. ...  :-\

iPhone 4 ....  I was away with it from the off. Loved it. Big screen, very light, thin - easy in the pocket I should think. Menu's are easy, the touch screen (never rated the first one I tried) was quick and didn't do things it wasn't mean't to like the first one I tried. Camera is sharp as a pin and the screen is something else. Writing a text out. .. I was expecting it to be easy because Sean already said he could do it. . . . and if he can do it. .. .  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: and it was easy as was navigating the contacts folder, music ... It was not half as complicated as I was expecting it to be at all.

The HTC was as bulky as the Nokia, no bigger height and width wise than the iPhone really but deeper. The menu's were ok as were the messaging and music folders and so on but it doesn't have that 'pick up and go' feel like the iPhone does. Some areas of the menu involve two screens so you have to scroll between the two which I think I'd get fed up with and it puts more wear on the device than the others I suppose. Camera was 8mp so bang centre between the Nokia and the iPhone.

Having tried an iPhone before, be a big fan of Nokia's and being relatively new to the biggies in the Smart Phone sector of the market I thought it was going to be a walk in the park for the Nokia with me. The HTC I was looking forward to trying as it had had some good things said about it on here and on review sites and I had never even heard of them before. The iPhone I was expecting something fancy and possibly for that reason, not liking it enough. I would have liked to try the Blackberry but it was not there to try which is a shame. The iPhone took it as I said, it is fancy yes but workable. In being so fancy it has been made in a pretty simple way. The screen is amazing, it's super fast, light . ...  In simple terms I just like it more than the other two!

So it's on order  :)

Im getting my significant other an i phone, if its any good i might well get one myself if its as easy to use as that!!!!!

Well me little mate Trizzy Rascal....

I managed to convince my dad who was due a free upgrade to order me the Defy so I can tell you a bit more soon...

But first impressions are:

1: Excellent packaging..

2: Lighter than an iPhone

3: Farmer proof, nice to see ALL connections are sealed with a rubber cap

4: charger is a USB charger from computer or the wall adapter

5: Screen seems nice

6: Nice to have more than just the home button on the front

7: All external controls are the same as the iPhone - volume, screen lock etc but NO big connector at the bottom for straw and dust to get in....

8: (and probably best) it feels like i could through it into a cab fro the ground and not worry about it....  i will look at it in more detail when charged..  want to know if the screen will work with wet fingers etc...

My advice.... this is a new farmers phone.....

What I do not like about these new 'phones are the USB chargers. They just don not 'click' in as well as a good old fashioned jack plug.  :-\

Hmmm, simplicity and cost reduction mate.... one connector for everything... one connector to rule them all... (taken from the ord of the rings films.. I believe you are MORE than familiar )

:P

Well mate... i can tell you that this one does push in well... huh hum....

But i know what you mean....Ã

• 3 weeks later...

Well everyone.....

>:(

Consider this actually "the worst phone I have ever owned"

One week of use and the phone speak stops working so to hear any calls you must have it on loud speaker and look like a deaf idiot walking along a street.

I have now returned it and requested an iPhone.

Real shame but hey ho....

Lesson learnt.

Lots of info on the net about the problem and rumours are there is no fix from motorola yet.....

My advice (now)..... steer clear....

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

HTC Desire might be an option Jez? Ive had mine nearly 12 months now and it has been superb.

i'm working my way up the that one Andy! ;D ;D ;D , currently on the HTC wildfire....although to be honest, for what i use it for , its great, and only £160!

• 2 months later...