Mobile 'Phones. What do you use, rate and suggest?

Well thought put my input in this over years had most smart phones most of them I have broken ::);D .  I had a blackberry for 6 months till got so hacked off with it (preferred old nokia by far so went back to that) as no real fun apps and all the settings made no sense with little personalisation possible easily!  I've had numerous Nokia smart phones N95 etc and loved them all but by far the best is new I phone 4 had it a month and totally in love brilliant web browsing is fast, takes hd video will try and upload video later of it so can see tris.  And as everyone knows all the apps are brilliant always finding new ones!  :D

Ah right, I see. That may be a bit better.

I tried playing with a girls raspberries at school once. . ...  :-[:-[ :-[:of:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

The android software has improved greatly my wife has the current desire not the HD and it is extremley quick I have the google g1 and that is on the first android software and is very slow.

http://shop.o2.co.uk/mobile_phone/HTC/HD7

im not into flash phones either , mines needs to be tough damp proof and dust proof  and currently mines a samsung solid  over 2 yrs old and probably nearing the end of its life too .I have no idea what I`ll do then because  I doubt these new ones wouldn`t last me a week. I have dodgy signal in here so no real use for web browsing and I dont need that , nor do I want a flash camera..................not much point in me posting in here was there, sorry tris ;) 

Ha! Not really, you useless article, to use my Dads expression! :D :D

For me, the camera has been the biggest development in the last ten years of mobile 'phones. I love having a camera ready for those times when you see things you want to capture. Especially at work around farms and out in the lorry :)

Going to click Robs link then sleep on it. Will be in the shop for 10am opening tomorrow, another busy day to be getting on with in the house.

Thanks to all who have posted in here :)

if you go i phone trissy, given your record breaking them, get a hard case of ebay, i keep meaning to get one, just not got round to it, does bulk it out a bit more, but is well worth it, i know a few that have them, and they aint damaged them so far, and they are in work situations like you

Tris.... Have you seen the Motorola Defy??

I looked at it and to be honest i was well impressed as I am forever dropping the phone etc...

I was a bit put off with the fact that if you crack the iphone screen it is very expensive (if possible) to get it fixed.

The motorola offers more or less the same features as an iphone really....

Have a look mate, it is beetch, pool and dancefloor proof!! ah ha... right up your party lifestyle street!!

Ok then, while the filler dries out and Traci does a bit of painting. . .

O2 had a Nokia N8 , iPhone 4 and an HTC OS 9 in the shop for me to try out, unfortunately they were out of Blackberry's but I had all but written it off due to the keypad tobe honest, I may have been surprised though you never know.

I went there with the perception to take the Nokia as I am familiar at this stage with them anyway. Trying it out I found the menu's almost exactly the same as my N86 which set me off to a good start. It's bulky though and a tad slow if I am perfectly honest. The 12mp camera was still winning my vote though and the familiarity of the menu's was another tick. In all honesty, it just lacked something. Don't know what it was but it didn't feel comfortable to use. ...  :-\

iPhone 4 ....  I was away with it from the off. Loved it. Big screen, very light, thin - easy in the pocket I should think. Menu's are easy, the touch screen (never rated the first one I tried) was quick and didn't do things it wasn't mean't to like the first one I tried. Camera is sharp as a pin and the screen is something else. Writing a text out. .. I was expecting it to be easy because Sean already said he could do it. . . . and if he can do it. .. .  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: and it was easy as was navigating the contacts folder, music ... It was not half as complicated as I was expecting it to be at all.

The HTC was as bulky as the Nokia, no bigger height and width wise than the iPhone really but deeper. The menu's were ok as were the messaging and music folders and so on but it doesn't have that 'pick up and go' feel like the iPhone does. Some areas of the menu involve two screens so you have to scroll between the two which I think I'd get fed up with and it puts more wear on the device than the others I suppose. Camera was 8mp so bang centre between the Nokia and the iPhone.

Having tried an iPhone before, be a big fan of Nokia's and being relatively new to the biggies in the Smart Phone sector of the market I thought it was going to be a walk in the park for the Nokia with me. The HTC I was looking forward to trying as it had had some good things said about it on here and on review sites and I had never even heard of them before. The iPhone I was expecting something fancy and possibly for that reason, not liking it enough. I would have liked to try the Blackberry but it was not there to try which is a shame. The iPhone took it as I said, it is fancy yes but workable. In being so fancy it has been made in a pretty simple way. The screen is amazing, it's super fast, light . ...  In simple terms I just like it more than the other two!

So it's on order  :)

Tris.... Have you seen the Motorola Defy??

I looked at it and to be honest i was well impressed as I am forever dropping the phone etc...

I was a bit put off with the fact that if you crack the iphone screen it is very expensive (if possible) to get it fixed.

The motorola offers more or less the same features as an iphone really....

Have a look mate, it is beetch, pool and dancefloor proof!! ah ha... right up your party lifestyle street!!

Too late  :-[