Silageing kit for 2011

andrewg3004

its basicly a half round trailer ol , instead of having a square one , it's all the rage apparently , but really offers no advantage to hauling silage over a conventional trailer that i can see , but halfpipes are more commonly found on aggrigate work 

& yes i have my tin hat on for the incoming abuse  ::)

The main advantages of a half pipe over a normal shape one it

1:They look better

2:They cost much more

Thats pretty much it for were grain and silage is concerned

The shape does stop the load from sticking as much if drawing the above mentioned agrigate or clay, and i would love to see the tractor fit to pull a kane 26ft tri axel full of clay in this country.

All the craze over here and have heard the cost iirc its £16k for a 16 or 18 tonne cant remember with rear steer with grain sides and hydraulic door

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The main advantages of a half pipe over a normal shape one it

1:They look better

2:They cost much more

and without being rude, how are they advantages? ??? ? if your buying a bit of kit for a business, you buy the best that does the job you want it to,

you don't go out and  spend more than you need to down to aesthetics??? they are to me anyway pretty lane excuses for buying them, there are a few appearing over here, but most of the redrock and kane trailers i have seen bought have been standard square bodys, only number of halfpipes  i  know of are some tri axel rollands which appeared last year

Oh Sean you missed the other addvantage,new fashion trailers make it look like your doing realy well and turning a huge profit because you have the newest trailers and often the newest tractor for young pimpals to screem around on.

Keeping up with the Jones has sent many a proud man bust.

and without being rude, how are they advantages? ??? ? if your buying a bit of kit for a business, you buy the best that does the job you want it to,

you don't go out and  spend more than you need to down to aesthetics??? they are to me anyway pretty lane excuses for buying them, there are a few appearing over here, but most of the redrock and kane trailers i have seen bought have been standard square bodys, only number of halfpipes  i  know of are some tri axel rollands which appeared last year

Ol sumed it up pretty well ha ha!

I was trying to be sarcastic, as theres no concivable advantage of them for drawing grain or silage, apart from making the farmer with too much money on his hands feel like the big lad, with his big new "in" trailer on the back of his big new "in" tractor

At agricultural college a lecture once told me that as big a justification, logical, finacial or not of some farmers buying new kit thats no benefit is just keeping up with the joneses

• 4 weeks later...

New Holland T6090 reco mengele sh40n (on order)

New Holland T6070 14 ton Horn Silage trailer

New Holland T6050 14 ton Horn Silage trailer

New Holland T6050 14 ton Horn Silage trailer

New Holland T6020 12 ton Horn Silage trailer

New Holland Tm120 Claas disco 3050 rear mower

Ford 7840 white roof 2wd Claas disco 3050 rear mower

Ford 7610 (7810 decals on her) Claas liner 880

JCB TM310s front duals and albutt buckrake on the pit

mf 35x rolling the pit.

this is the real life set up as well as my model set up ;D

• 2 months later...

Hres my kit. Need a Britains JCB 416 tough. NH 7070 with Kuhn mowers, NH 8670 with Claas Rake. NH FX60 Harvester, NH 7060,6090,TS135A,Ford 7810 & 7610 all with Claas Silage trailers & the NH 5635 on the buckrake. The 5635 I KNOW! JCB 416 will replace it! :) :)IMG_0359.jpg

7810 & Pottinger mower (Britains Vicon upgraded by PDC)

7810 SJ & Pottinger mower (Britains Vicon upgraded by PDC)

T6020 & Pottinger rake (Siku rake upgraded by PDC)

T6090 & Pottinger Jumbo

T7070 & Pottinger Jumbo

JCB Farm Master.

R.B.Contractings 2011 lineup  :D

harvester gang

09 fendt 936 -kuhn butterflys

05 new holland ts115a -claas 10 rotor tedder

97 new holland 7840 -claas linear 3000

10 john deere 7950 harvester

06 john deere 6920s -18ton silage trailer

08 fendt 818-18ton silage trailer

09 valtra t190-18ton silage trailer

10 valtra t191-22ton tri axle silage trailer

11 jcb 416 on buckrake

04 jcb 414 on buckrake

baling gangs use the same mowers and tedder which are

08 john deere 7530 -claas butterflys

05 new holland ts115a-claas 10 rotor tedder

the sqaure baling

00 new holland tl90-fella rake

08 new holland t7060- bb950a baler

05 new holland ts135a- mchale 998

the round baling

97 new holland 6635-fella rake

06 new holland tm155-brand new this season claas uniwrap  ;D

98 new holland 8560 - 08 claas uniwrap

there are 2 t7070s and a t6090 on order , but they have been delayed ortherwise the t7070s would be on the butterflys and the 936 and 818 have been part exed for them as weve only had problems with the fendts :/ the 6090 would be swaping with the 8560 and she will be taking over from the nh 7840 which is being sold as she has passed 17500 hrs  ;D  there is a massey 6480 coming on demo in a few weeks but will have to see what we think and there is a jd 6930 coming on demo around the same time  :)  we are looking at a 08 t6050 but will have to see as there asking quite a bit but she is low hour so will have to see :)

7810 & Pottinger mower (Britains Vicon upgraded by PDC)

7810 SJ & Pottinger mower (Britains Vicon upgraded by PDC)

T6020 & Pottinger rake (Siku rake upgraded by PDC)

T6090 & Pottinger Jumbo

T7070 & Pottinger Jumbo

JCB Farm Master.

Nice!

• 2 weeks later...