greetings

philiprutland

Hi everyone.

I have been collecting agricultural models pretty much since birth. I think it's great that I have found somewhere that I can talk to people with a similar interest.

As i said i have been collecting (mainly Britains) models for most of my 31 years but now wish to expand into creating diorama's & using weathering technique's, not being very artistic i would love some advice & tips.

Any help would be welcome

Thankyou

PR

welcome to the nut house phillip, sure you will find everything your looking for on here once you get the hang of ther place, if not just ask, theres a huge wealth of info on here about everything you have asked about, and theres always someone online that will know where it is

a warm welcome from me too Phillip... thanks for the introduction and I hope you enjoy your time on FTF.  If I can help in anyway please don't be afraid to ask.

You'll find lots of images of weathering on here if you search the topics... There is a member called fendthead (or dirty Dave as we know him)... take a look at his work... it is truly mind blowing  :of

I think his website is called 'heavyweathering' you may find him through google I'm sure

Anyway.. thanks once again and have fun

Mark

Thank You i look forward to thoroughly looking through the site when i get the chance, in between my wife's [glow=red,2,300]facebook sessions[/glow] :)

ha you to hey  god if i get invited to play mafia wars one more time ha ha!

welcome to the forum mate  ;):D

Thanks for the warm welcome guys, I used to think my wife was on facebook alot but then the brother-in-law came over at christmas!!!!!!!! ha ha! p.s have already put my order in to my wife for either the new britains IH 956XL or UH Ford 7810.  I have an old britains flatbed/livestock lorry which I intend to convert into a trasport lorry in a "classic" diarama entitled "A NEW ARRIVAL" will let you know how I get on.

Welcome aboard the super yaught of farm model forums Philip. You have found your second home :)

Enjoy having a poke about at the numerous topics catering for your wishes. There's a dedicated Moderator team who are glad to help with any Forum usage issues and a whole host of members with quite a wealth of hobby related info (as well as those with a host of irrelevant tripe - Sean, Alex. . . .to name two :D :D :D ).

If you havn't seen it there is also a sister magazine (No, not nurses you filthy boy. . . . ), sister to Farmtoys Forum - Model Farmer Magazine. Available via subscription or in newsagents! Check it out, you might just like it :) :)

Anyway, the main thing is Enjoy!

Regards, Tris.

:) already discussed the possibility of a laptop it didn't go down well!!! i already subscribe to the "nurse's" magazine previously mentioned, started with UK issue 2 but my back order for the UK launch mag arrived this morning. TBH it was the mag that lead me to you guy's. 

Anyway, I've got a fortnights holiday coming up so I hope to add some photo's of my collection and begin to build some diorama's to show you so watch this space!

Thanks Mark i have already looked @ the heavyweathering site after i saw some of his models being shown in the mag, this guy is gifted! I have also been looking @ farmmodels.net, again the attention to detail is amazing!

I'm sure i will be trawling the forum for tips, hints & technique advice soon.

but thank you all for making me feel welcome

regards Phil

Hi Phillip and welcome.  So nice to read that Model Farmer brought you to the forum.  Makes me feel all warm inside 8)

You can tell your good lady that the forum is not just "boys own" but has members of all ages and gender.  Us [senior] ladies keep the lads in order (especially the moderators).  Perhaps she will relent and let you have that laptop if you let her have a peek now and again :angel:

Thank's Auntie Sue, I followed the link to the mag from www.farmmodels.net & i love it. Just wish it was monthly not bi-monthly!! I have to confest it's the first mag that i've read every artical in (multiple times). :D

OOH you do know how to make someone happy although I suspect Andy would be tearing his hair if he had to produce MF on a monthly basis - we are only just getting used to bi-monthly deadlines. 

On behalf of the Model Farmer staff, thank you for the comments.  It is great to have feedback.

Hi again just thought I need to set the record straight.  In previous posts I have given the impression that my wife hates my hobby, although she does tease me about it she is actually very supportive.  We have further discussed the possibility of a netbook which is on the cards providing we can afford one.  As my wife is very artistic I have enlisted her help with painting my dioramas (when I eventually get the time to start them), & although she doesn't know the difference between a Case & a MF she does at least take an interest.

I apologise to both her & the rest of the forum for being missleading

Apologies

PR

P.S.  Our first Christmas together my wife bought me a Britains farmyard & my first ever JD tractor!!!!!!

Philip... we knew you were only kidding... I am sure Mrs Rutland is just as supportive as the rest of our 'other halves' ... and for the record... my darling wife looked at a photograph of a 'new space aged looking silver Massey Ferguson' the other day... upon closer inspection it was a Valtra  ::)>:( >:(>:( >:(>:( >:(

What's worse... I've just completed some writing on an MF2720 (which we all know is pronounced 'Twenty Seven Twenty") ...I showed it to my wife who said... "Ooo I like that tractor, the Two Seven hundred and twenty" ...  ::)>:( >:(>:( >:(>:(

I've told her if things don't improve I'll be setting her some homework  >:(:D :D :D

Philip... we knew you were only kidding... I am sure Mrs Rutland is just as supportive as the rest of our 'other halves' ... and for the record... my darling wife looked at a photograph of a 'new space aged looking silver Massey Ferguson' the other day... upon closer inspection it was a Valtra  ::)>:( >:(>:( >:(>:( >:(

What's worse... I've just completed some writing on an MF2720 (which we all know is pronounced 'Twenty Seven Twenty") ...I showed it to my wife who said... "Ooo I like that tractor, the Two Seven hundred and twenty" ...  ::)>:( >:(>:( >:(>:(

I've told her if things don't improve I'll be setting her some homework  >:(:D :D :D

This made me laugh  ;D ;D ;D